cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rog Strix GL702ZC RMA

SmokeyJDF
Level 7
Good Morning,

I recently bought an Asus Rog GL702ZC. And after 2 weeks of use, I suddenly hear some crispy noise and then a lot of smoke went out of the laptop.
I understand that bad things like this could happen. I have an RMA for it and the laptop has been sent to the repair center (it has been received
last Thursday). I actually have no news or information.
It also seems that there is no web page allowing to follow the state of the RMA.

I am a software engineer and have had many computers and laptops during many years. My desk room is fully protected against high voltage and such
with uninterruptible power supplies and other lighting and high-voltage protectors. I have computers that run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Since the laptop was, to say, new, I would have expected a complete exchange with a new product or a total refund from ASUS within few days
instead of a warranty repair. Indeed, the suggested price of this laptop is about 1800 euros.

Finally, I am a lot annoyed because I bought this laptop in order to start a company and I am actually loosing time, money and potential clients without
it and this can compromize my plans. I have very few funds so it is not possible for me to buy a new one the time the other is being repaired/replaced.

Could you please let me know the state of this RMA and what I can expect ?

Thank you for your understanding.

EDIT: Sorry for the nickname, I did it in a hurry in a time where my inspiration was down...

EDIT 2: Please let me know if I should post in another location in this forum.
4 REPLIES 4

SmokeyJDF
Level 7
Bump. It is today the 8th working day in repair and still no news.

Bill
Level 7
Hello
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I sent you a PM with the requested information. Please let me know if you need more (bill...).

The laptop was received few days ago from the repair center. They changed the motherboard and another piece.
Unfortunately I still had other issues with it (laptop was freezing sometimes when doing I/O).
I returned it to Darty (the seller) which did not wanted to recognize a hidden defect. So it will be returned to Asus repair center again.
Darty claimed Asus is responsible to do a refund, not them. Asus told me that Darty is responsible for any refunds...

Thank you Asus for such things.