cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Fan Error on Maximus IX Hero! Fans arent defective and Ive tried everything!!!

natewillett96
Level 7
In my computer, I have 3 Fractal Design case fans and 1 be quiet CPU cooler, and my motherboard is the Maximus IX Hero (See system specs for full details)

The problem is that when i turn on my computer, none of the fans spin. I have gone through 2 of these motherboards (both used and purchased off ebay) and have gotten the same CPU fan error message each time. Becasue all of my fans worked on my previous ASUS motherboard, i know that none of them are defective.

Here is what ive tried so far:

- Tested 5 different fans on each of the headers
- Reset the CMOS via back panel button and removing the CMOS battery for at least 30 seconds
- Updated the BIOS
- Checked to make sure each of the fans are plugged into the correct headers
- Disabled Q-Fan Control for each of the fans
- Set CPU fan speed lower limit to "ignore"
- Ignored fan speed monitoring on all of my fans

If i "save and restart" from the bios, i can actually log onto the desktop and use my computer with no issues, but i havent actually used it normally for fear that it will overheat.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS????
4 REPLIES 4

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Hm...Can you take a chance to run Q-Fan setup in bios (Monitor TAB,Qfan configuration->Qfan tuning) and see if they will start to spin at all?
Try also set them in DC mode.Some people report that in PWN mode fan do not spin,but in DC mode does.

MikeAdu wrote:
Hi.
Hm...Can you take a chance to run Q-Fan setup in bios (Monitor TAB,Qfan configuration->Qfan tuning) and see if they will start to spin at all?
Try also set them in DC mode.Some people report that in PWN mode fan do not spin,but in DC mode does.

Yeah ive already tried that too.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
I think we must do wodoo.
Try these steps.
1.Reseat CPU-don’t know,maybe somehow it will help.
2.Take some another PSU to test.
Maybe it will help [emoji106]

MikeAdu wrote:
Hi.
I think we must do wodoo.
Try these steps.
1.Reseat CPU-don’t know,maybe somehow it will help.
2.Take some another PSU to test.
Maybe it will help [emoji106]

CPU has nothing to do with fan headers. Please explain why you think so. Fanheaders are controlled by chips on motherboard. It's rubbish to suggest to reseat the CPU. If only people would learn something about computers and how they work, and not come up with a wild guess. And Wodoo??? WTF?