cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura before Windows logon

Codyksp1
Level 7
Hi,

I have searched quite a bit through Google and also on this forum but I can't find an answer to my question, therefore I am opening this thread.

I would like to know if it's possible to have the ASUS Aura settings be saved so that they are applied from the moment my computer boots, instead of only after I log in to Windows.

For example I am also using a NZXT Kraken X62 and NZXT Aer RGB fans which I both configured once using the CAM software provided by NZXT. After this I never opened the software again and the colors are permanently configured until I change them or fully remove power from my pc.

Why is it that ASUS Aura cannot do the same thing? It shouldn't have to rely on the lightingservice to be active. It looks very bad when my pc boots and the NZXT lighting is as I configured it while the motherboard and RAM are using the default "Color Cycle" until I log into Windows. What if I don't want to log in, or what if I want to configure ASUS Aura in Windows and then use a different OS?

My specs are in my profile, incase required.
5 REPLIES 5

AkaNe0
Level 10
Codyksp1 wrote:
Hi,

I have searched quite a bit through Google and also on this forum but I can't find an answer to my question, therefore I am opening this thread.

I would like to know if it's possible to have the ASUS Aura settings be saved so that they are applied from the moment my computer boots, instead of only after I log in to Windows.

For example I am also using a NZXT Kraken X62 and NZXT Aer RGB fans which I both configured once using the CAM software provided by NZXT. After this I never opened the software again and the colors are permanently configured until I change them or fully remove power from my pc.

Why is it that ASUS Aura cannot do the same thing? It shouldn't have to rely on the lightingservice to be active. It looks very bad when my pc boots and the NZXT lighting is as I configured it while the motherboard and RAM are using the default "Color Cycle" until I log into Windows. What if I don't want to log in, or what if I want to configure ASUS Aura in Windows and then use a different OS?

My specs are in my profile, incase required.

As you mentioned, AURA lighting is controlled by "Lightingservice". You need to wait to enter in the OS to get your last applied profile.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

JustinThyme
Level 13
Funny, Mine stays right where I left and only two things change it. Launching the software and making changes or shutting down and pulling the plug for a period of time.
I do note that without launching the software that the lighing service is in fact running in the back ground.

As for Hue+ etc, that's a totally different ball game as to how they work. They are 100% lighitng controllers and the settings are stored on the controllers HOWEVER the controllers do launch their own firmware type OS upon powering up so they are no different in that they do not apply and settings until powered up. Take away the 5V standby from them and watch what happens.....

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Funny, Mine stays right where I left and only two things change it. Launching the software and making changes or shutting down and pulling the plug for a period of time.
I do note that without launching the software that the lighing service is in fact running in the back ground.

As for Hue+ etc, that's a totally different ball game as to how they work. They are 100% lighitng controllers and the settings are stored on the controllers HOWEVER the controllers do launch their own firmware type OS upon powering up so they are no different in that they do not apply and settings until powered up. Take away the 5V standby from them and watch what happens.....

The settings for Hue+, Kraken and the fans all reset to white LEDs if I turned off my power supply or remove the power plug and will not be fixed until I open CAM again. However since my pc is almost never unplugged or fully powered off this isn't an issue.

I would have hoped that Aura also had a way of simply saving the last configured color scheme, but for whatever reason it resets to the default "Color Cycle" every single time I shut down my pc until the LightingService is started again. Basically the motherboard and RAM LEDs are wiped every time the computer shuts off, which is a very unfortunate configuration.

If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that yours do not reset after a full shutdown? You should look at the colors they have while Windows is still booting, not after your pc has started.

Codyksp1 wrote:
The settings for Hue+, Kraken and the fans all reset to white LEDs if I turned off my power supply or remove the power plug and will not be fixed until I open CAM again. However since my pc is almost never unplugged or fully powered off this isn't an issue.

I would have hoped that Aura also had a way of simply saving the last configured color scheme, but for whatever reason it resets to the default "Color Cycle" every single time I shut down my pc until the LightingService is started again. Basically the motherboard and RAM LEDs are wiped every time the computer shuts off, which is a very unfortunate configuration.

If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that yours do not reset after a full shutdown? You should look at the colors they have while Windows is still booting, not after your pc has started.

It might be a conflict with the NZXT CAM software in that case.

Can you confirm you are using the latest 1.05.28 version of AURA?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
It might be a conflict with the NZXT CAM software in that case.

Can you confirm you are using the latest 1.05.28 version of AURA?

Yes, I am using version 1.05.28. However I have had this issue ever since I began using the software

So just to be 100% clear, when I turn off my pc and turn it on again the motherboard and RAM LEDs are reset to "Color Cycle" until I log in to Windows en the LightService activates. When the LightingService kicks in my previous settings are restored.

What I understand from JustinThyme is that the last configured settings should remain even after shutting down the computer.