Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Centurion

Trickster29
Level 7
I'm interested in the Asus Centurion 7.1 headset

I am coming from the Tiamat V1 7.1

I have tried the Tiamat 7.1 V2 twice (originally problem that is to be described happened even with mic muted on the first one I had till it was replaced) While I love its analog ability. The mic just echos alot that I hear through the speakers to the people on Discord. Rendering it just unusable.

The Centurion is the only headset I see that can compete with it.

I know there's been Mic troubles with the H6 serial number. But considering Amazon is out of stock. (at least them themselves) I would imagine when they do come back in stock. It'll be nothing but H9 or above. So I'm willing to give it a shot.

I have 2 questions.

1. Can you use a HDMI extender with it? (cause the cable is shorter by a landslide then my Tiamat V1)

2. Do any of the Asus reps have any idea when they will be sending stock to Amazon?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
8 REPLIES 8

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you can use an HDMI extension cable if you wish.

I see the ROG Centurion on Amazon, all stock should be the new revision:
https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Centurion-Surround-Headset-Console/dp/B0725JXRBN

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

There is a way to confirm? i just make a purchase for these but...... i read these and the amazon reviews. i hold to the order.

Thanks MasterC
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Yea ordered it a couple days ago. Thanks for confirming the HDMI extension 🙂
Itzycharles wrote:
There is a way to confirm? i just make a purchase for these but...... i read these and the amazon reviews. i hold to the order.

Thanks MasterC
I can let you know what serial number it has if they don't get back to you before me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It does not start with any form of H. in fact it starts with GAY . in the alphabet G comes before H this implies it may be younger then H6.

To me the mic sounds just like the H6 in someone elses video

since the serial number is not ordinary, i have no way other then my ears and the physical change of the microphone. which i unfortunately do not have an idea of what they exactly changed visibly

Just a warning for anyone buying on amazon now. i PMed MasterC with the full serial. I'll see if he says anything different, otherwise ill just return it to amazon

MasterC has gotten back to me looks like they will go through with the replacement. and it is in fact older stock

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not sure if it's possible to verify with Amazon the serial number before purchasing, but make sure to get H8, H9... The number corresponds to the month of manufacture, all stock from August onward is revised.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Not sure if it's possible to verify with Amazon the serial number before purchasing, but make sure to get H8, H9... The number corresponds to the month of manufacture, all stock from August onward is revised.

ok. i will try to email amazon before making the order. Thanks MasterC!
Learn, Play Enjoy!

upsnef
Level 8
beware for Amazon

they try to ship old stuff and open box
I asked 3 time for replacement because
1- (original) open box, headset was dirty and miss some accessories
2- again open box, miss some other accessories and inside packaging was destroyed
3- only headset was in box, no dac , no cable nothing,
4- all was in box, but again open box, fingerprint everywhere but everything was still in original bag and packaging

all of these was previous version and with mic trouble,
I suspect previous customers return them for same reason, mic issue

I keep the 4th one and make an RMA with Asus (use this forum to initiate it)
and now maybe the best gaming headset I ever have

by chance Amazon have excellent customer support
same for Asus