cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V 10 Anniversary Overclock better than EVGA Classified X99 Motherboard

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
I seem to have a higher overclock at least 100 to 200 Mhz faster on my Asus Rampage V 10 Edition versus my EVGA Classified Motherboard ( Board was defective reason why I went for Rampage) which to reach a max overclock of 4.3ghz versus 4.5Ghz. Any reason why I got a higher result?
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
ReaperOneSix,
Engineering, design, user feedback, it is rare for any other manufacturer to produce a board that can compare with ASUS, especially there best of the best
If you look back over the past generations this holds true and will probably continue into the future
When a large company of any kind hires the best engineers and employees in the industry and doesn't constrain them you will get the best products

Chino
Level 15

Raja
Level 13
ReaperOneSIx wrote:
I seem to have a higher overclock at least 100 to 200 Mhz faster on my Asus Rampage V 10 Edition versus my EVGA Classified Motherboard ( Board was defective reason why I went for Rampage) which to reach a max overclock of 4.3ghz versus 4.5Ghz. Any reason why I got a higher result?

I'd make sure core voltages are lined up correctly. Usually, core frequencies don't differ by much if you're able to measure properly.