cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha - Sleep Mode Issue NOT Resolved, dispite it being marked as!

28BeersLater
Level 7
Hi folks!

I'm having more issues with my ROG Spatha.. they started off intermittent, but now happen all the time.

if I leave the mouse and shut down the PC, the next morning the mouse is 100% dead and unresponsive. - I need to use the cable to bring it back to life - I need to check battery level (this level of mouse shouldn't drain overnight, my el cheapo Logitech never did, nor did this when new!) I suspect that it's not the battery, unless it goes form 0-95% charge in under 5 minutes, and I have previously had intermittent communication problems, which were fixed by unplugging / reconnecting the Base USB connector.

Currently I need to switch the mouse off at the switch if I'm not going to use it for a few hours. it's not the worlds largest inconvenience, but its one I didn't expect to have on a mouse so spendy.

Any ideas, or is the unit already past its useful life?

Software Version: 2.108
Firmware Version: 1.49
Motherboard ROG Rampage V (Bios 3504)
Win 10 Pro x64 with latest updates.
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block
22 REPLIES 22

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please check and update your software and firmware. Here are the latest versions available.

Currently there is a bug where the mouse does not go into sleep mode, this will be resolved in the next software update due in the coming months.

Hi! I have exact same issue.
I posted it here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97038-ROG-Spatha-current-issues/page2
I'm new user of Spatha since last friday.
I dont know if my mouse is broken or its a software/firmware issue.
My mouse works almost ok, but radomly it totally discharges during night. One evening I have 80% battery next day its still 80%. But next day (mean night) its 80% in the evenig and total balckout in the monring after night in indle (computer disabled). It has happened 3 times since last friday! May other wireless mices (form Logitech) dont behave so stupidly. Maybe its battery defect?
I tried many different settings and light disable... Of course powersaving is enabled. Still nothing. RMA? Or is it a bug?
I'm so so disappointed. 😞

I'm making RMA of this pice of crap. But I think it wont help and new one will behave simillar. This hardware is so overpriced. Worse thing is that Asus Software development is so bad... I have no words. Armoury is tragic software with tons of bugs. The power tab in software not coresponding with mouse in fact. Try to sync LED in keyboard & mouse - app will stop responding. "Good work" dev team!

Supports also treats game products consumer as idiots or it's just my impression...
We are posting that mouse loses power during night and some smart Asus Support writes about bug in Armoury. Seriously? Do they read - that Spatha power lose is when computer is OFF?

Sorry for my tone of speech but recently Asus made me professionally disappointed.

I have one of top routers (Asus RT-AC88U) & recent firmware update killed WiFi manage tab. I have more examples of incompetence software group... Look at GPU Tweek II tool... Asus Xonar D2X soundcard has still Windows 10 driver in beta (recentIy dissapeard from WWW at all - maybe becasue it hasnt shiny led features)... I loved that brand very much (look at my rig - one of two simillar) but lately they make everything to discourage me as a Client. Hardware it-self is quite nice (for example Strix cards (I have 1080 and 1080Ti) but software is TRAGIC!

Spatha is exception as a bad hardware too. Why they didn't put there changable AA power source? We can exchange switches but can exchange battery. Mouse was a present for me and even though I liked it before now I would never buy it.
K.M.Bak

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can concur that the software has a bug concerning the sleep mode. We are working to rectify the issue, and it will be resolved in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime, please just keep the mouse docked when not in use. Thanks.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
I can concur that the software has a bug concerning the sleep mode. We are working to rectify the issue, and it will be resolved in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime, please just keep the mouse docked when not in use. Thanks.

Thanks! glad it's not just me, and glad its being worked on!

New issues.. I just tried to update, and I'm stuck in an endless loop of being prompted to update firmware.. I added to my original thread Here.
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block

I solved problem. Back to Logitech. I'm sad becasue mouse is quite nice but I wont fight with services and endless wait for updates.
K.M.Bak

28BeersLater
Level 7
Has this supposedly been fixed?

I still have battery issues, - unless the deep cycle of the battery caused by the firmware bug has caused the battery to hold less charge 😞

28BeersLater wrote:
Has this supposedly been fixed?

I still have battery issues, - unless the deep cycle of the battery caused by the firmware bug has caused the battery to hold less charge 😞

Armoury II 2.04.07 rectified the issue. Just be sure to test the sleep function without the Armoury II window open.

Syberon
Level 8
I bought the Spatha some days ago, installed the last software and firmware (2.05.01 / 1.32 / 1.69) and still have this issue with battery discharging - mouse removed from dock station on last evening and shows 100% battery level. I worked for 2 hours and it shows 95% right before it turn my PC in sleep mode. Then i turn on my PC in this morning it shows orange led on dock and 35% battery level in Armoury. It turns out that the battery discharges from 95% to 35% over the night in sleep mode.
It turns out that the problem with fast self-discharge in sleep mode is not solved?

Syberon wrote:
I bought the Spatha some days ago, installed the last software and firmware (2.05.01 / 1.32 / 1.69) and still have this issue with battery discharging - mouse removed from dock station on last evening and shows 100% battery level. I worked for 2 hours and it shows 95% right before it turn my PC in sleep mode. Then i turn on my PC in this morning it shows orange led on dock and 35% battery level in Armoury. It turns out that the battery discharges from 95% to 35% over the night in sleep mode.
It turns out that the problem with fast self-discharge in sleep mode is not solved?

Is the lighting on the Spatha still on when your system is in sleep mode?