Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Syberon PC Specs
    Syberon PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Acer Aspire 7520G
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K
    Memory (part number)2 x Corsiar Vengeance LPX 3000 ver5.20 + ver.5.30 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX1080 Turbo OC 8G
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z
    MonitorAOC G2460PQU
    Storage #1Samsung 960PRO 512Gb
    Storage #2WD6401AALS 640Gb
    CPU CoolerCustom water
    CaseThermaltake Core X71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless Illumitated K800
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha + Logitech Preformace MX
    Headset Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Cosmic
    Headset/Speakers Vigoole C5333 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Is the lighting on the Spatha still on when your system is in sleep mode?
    No, all lighting on mouse and dock led turns off immediately after pc turns to sleep mode.

And there is another strange behavior - sometimes then i move mouse with sleeping PC the lighting on mouse is blinking with 0.5 second frequency. This appears not always, but i found this behavior a few times for last 2 days.
    Last edited by Syberon; 05-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

I'd recommend to keep the Spatha on the dock when not being used. Having RGB lighting does drain the battery much faster than mice without. Also, the mouse still needs to use power in sleep mode, after all, it needs to sense movement in order to wake up.

Regarding the strange behavior, which lighting effect did you set? I assume you are saying it's weird because it's not supposed to be display the Breathing effect.

Syberon PC Specs
    Memory (part number)2 x Corsiar Vengeance LPX 3000 ver5.20 + ver.5.30 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    MonitorAOC G2460PQU
    CPU CoolerCustom water
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

I'd recommend to keep the Spatha on the dock when not being used. Having RGB lighting does drain the battery much faster than mice without. Also, the mouse still needs to use power in sleep mode, after all, it needs to sense movement in order to wake up.

Regarding the strange behavior, which lighting effect did you set? I assume you are saying it's weird because it's not supposed to be display the Breathing effect.
    I think that this is not normal that mouse drain 60% of battery within 7 hours in sleep mode with lighting turned off. This is more then it drains in active state with lighting enabled in static mode with 25% brightness. What then is the purpose of the sleep mode, if it does not decrease, but even increases the energy consumption? This is definitely an incorrect sleep mode operation.

Before this mouse i have an logitech wireless mouse and it lives on one charge for 2 weeks. I know that it don't have lighting like spatha, but Spatha drains battery in sleep mode with lighting turned off. It looks like the Spatha is in the permanent active search mode of the receiver in sleep mode even when no one moves it. But logitech works the same way and not drain battery in sleep state.

Regarding the strange behaviour, i have a static color with 25% brightness and this lighting works only in the active mode. As i wrote earlier sometimes the lighting starts blinking with blue color when PC is turned off and mouse lies on mouse pad and not on the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Syberon View Post
    I think that this is not normal that mouse drain 60% of battery within 7 hours in sleep mode with lighting turned off. This is more then it drains in active state with lighting enabled in static mode with 25% brightness. What then is the purpose of the sleep mode, if it does not decrease, but even increases the energy consumption? This is definitely an incorrect sleep mode operation.

Before this mouse i have an logitech wireless mouse and it lives on one charge for 2 weeks. I know that it don't have lighting like spatha, but Spatha drains battery in sleep mode with lighting turned off. It looks like the Spatha is in the permanent active search mode of the receiver in sleep mode even when no one moves it. But logitech works the same way and not drain battery in sleep state.

Regarding the strange behaviour, i have a static color with 25% brightness and this lighting works only in the active mode. As i wrote earlier sometimes the lighting starts blinking with blue color when PC is turned off and mouse lies on mouse pad and not on the dock.
    We will look into the possibility of improving the power saving mode. That being said, even if sleep mode is improved, you should still charge the Spatha each time you use it anyway (especially if you prefer the static mode). Battery usage for wireless mice with lighting shouldn't be compared with mice without.

I will see if I can replicate this issue of the Spatha flashing blue when in sleep mode.

Syberon PC Specs
    MonitorAOC G2460PQU
    CPU CoolerCustom water
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

We will look into the possibility of improving the power saving mode. That being said, even if sleep mode is improved, you should still charge the Spatha each time you use it anyway (especially if you prefer the static mode). Battery usage for wireless mice with lighting shouldn't be compared with mice without.

I will see if I can replicate this issue of the Spatha flashing blue when in sleep mode.
    I really can not understand why the sleep mode is needed, which does not work at all as it should. As i wrote my mouse drains battery in sleep mode just like in active mode (even if not more than).

I made a video of this blinking. Today, after some experiments, i found that this blinking starts after a sleep timeout (which is set in the POWER tab of Armoury) expired. For example, i set sleep timeout to 1min in Armoury then shutdown my PC. During 1min after shutdown if i move the mouse there are no blinking and all lighting if constantly off. Aftert 1min expired mouse starts to blinking them moving it.

https://youtu.be/dihlvEmesYM

Sorry, from my tests, I did not find more battery drain in sleep mode than when in use.

I can see what you are talking about now, blinking lights when mouse senses movement is nothing to be alarmed about. If you want that changed, it won't be a priority I'm afraid.
    If you prefer to not dock your mouse when not in use, then I'd suggest to avoid moving the mouse excessively when the PC is in sleep mode.

Syberon PC Specs
    MonitorAOC G2460PQU
    CPU CoolerCustom water
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

If you prefer to not dock your mouse when not in use, then I'd suggest to avoid moving the mouse excessively when the PC is in sleep mode.
    Nice suggestion This blinking is not the most important problem unlike the battery drain problem in sleep mode. On this weekend i'll try to make an adapter cable to connect digital multimeter to battery and i will make a measurements of power consumption of mouse in active and sleep mode.
    Last edited by Syberon; 05-10-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Nice suggestion This blinking is not the most important problem unlike the battery drain problem in sleep mode. On this weekend i'll try to make an adapter cable to connect digital multimiter to battery and i will make a measurements of power consumption of mouse in active and sleep mode.
    While you're at it, probably good to compare the power consumption for all lighting modes. I'm sure many people here would be interested to find out.

Syberon PC Specs
    MonitorAOC G2460PQU
    CPU CoolerCustom water
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

While you're at it, probably good to compare the power consumption for all lighting modes. I'm sure many people here would be interested to find out.
    It's fun to hear this proposal is from you - the ASUS staff I think it should be better for you to know about all such technical specs of devices.

New ROGer Array

Angry Spatha Battery drain still persists!

It's fun to hear this proposal is from you - the ASUS staff I think it should be better for you to know about all such technical specs of devices.
    How about any solution here? I've bought the spatha two weeks ago and the battery drain still persists!! Yes, I have updated to the last version of the Armoury software and the battery drain is still here!!
    In the evening the battery is about 85% and in the morning the mouse is completely dead!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast