cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So where is my Blue Cave?

gaaah
Level 7
They've been teasing us about this router since May. When is it going to be with the retailers?
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
I dont understand the market segment for this. It has a different look, not at all my taste, but different none the less. Other than that its actually going to be obsolete before it hits the shelves with AC 5300 and AD already on many platforms.
Is this purely about aesthetics?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Yes, I thought it looked cool. Also I have an obscure model Asus router, the AC-52U, and was worried that it might not get any more firmware updates, AND and it apparently is not supported by the big third-party firmware projects like DD-WRT (which is fine, because keeping up with DD-WRT looks like another time-sucking ordeal).

Thanks for mentioning about AD though, first I've heard of it.

gaaah wrote:
Yes, I thought it looked cool. Also I have an obscure model Asus router, the AC-52U, and was worried that it might not get any more firmware updates, AND and it apparently is not supported by the big third-party firmware projects like DD-WRT (which is fine, because keeping up with DD-WRT looks like another time-sucking ordeal).

It`s on retail in Holland.
https://www.routershop.nl/asus-blue-cave-wireless-ac-router/pid=54543

Haven`t seen tests from the usual "first" testers or mentioning on the bigger site`s and price watches.
XII

gaaah wrote:

RVIE MOBO has onboard AD and the only router I know of at this point that supports it is Netgear X10. Its hella fast but with a huge caveat. You need line of site. It runs at 60GHz, unregulated band. Frequency is too high to get through walls, floors etc.

A good AC 5300 is sweet though.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
For the US, expect Blue Cave to hit the shelves in Q1 2018.