cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore - CAPS lock LED not working

santoitaliano
Level 7
Hi,

ROG Claymore - not sure if hardware or software fault but the CAPS lock LED is not working.

Any suggestions? Latest firmware and software.

Kind Regards,
Santo
24 REPLIES 24

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Santo,

Sounds like a hardware issue, it's working fine on my end. Aura software does not affect the Caps Lock LED, I'd suggest RMA.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Santo,

Sounds like a hardware issue, it's working fine on my end. Aura software does not affect the Caps Lock LED, I'd suggest RMA.
Well it does for me.
If the Claymore is synced via Aura AND if i turn the lighting off, it also turn off the caps lock led and the ver num led...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Not Hardware - If i undo the sync in Aura then the caps lock LED works.

santoitaliano wrote:
Not Hardware - If i undo the sync in Aura then the caps lock LED works.
They should also work if synced but not on all modes (in rainbow they don't but in color cycle they do if i remember well)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

JustinThyme
Level 13
Mine has never worked.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Mine has never worked.

Perhaps you had one of those Aura modes enabled all this time? Sorry about that. Can you verify?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
When the Claymore is synced to other components (including the motherboard) using Aura Sync, the CAPS Lock LED works as it should for all the standard modes (Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle). People using Aura Sync with peripherals only don't need to worry.

However, when the exclusive modes (Rainbow, Comet, etc.) are activated then we have confirmed there is a bug. These modes disable the CAPS Lock LED (this affects the LED only, functionality of the key is fine). It's kind of a weird case, but we're on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
When the Claymore is synced to other components (including the motherboard) using Aura Sync, the CAPS Lock LED works as it should for all the standard modes (Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle). People using Aura Sync with peripherals don't need to worry.

However, when the exclusive modes (Rainbow, Comet, etc.) are activated then we have confirmed there is a bug. These modes disable the CAPS Lock LED (this affects the LED only, functionality of the key is fine). It's kind of a weird case, but we're on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
The verr num also is broken btw and the 2 additional leds under the space bar are turned off. Also the rog eye is turned off in these modes.

I would also add that the overall lighting intensity of the keyboard comparing others devices (gladius 2 and mobo) is way to low while syncing via aura.

Could this be also fixed?

Thanks

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
namoi wrote:
The verr num also is broken btw and the 2 additional leds under the space bar are turned off. Also the rog eye is turned off in these modes.

I would also add that the overall lighting intensity of the keyboard comparing others devices (gladius 2 and mobo) is way to low while syncing via aura.

Could this be also fixed?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it.