cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRM Waterblock for the Apex / Extreme

CSN7
Level 7
After a little time away I will soon be a rog member again, but first of all I need to get all the watercooling parts.

Does any of you know if the VRM waterblock from Watercool for the old Rampage V Extreme (HEATKILLER® MB-X VRM ASUS RAMPAGE V - DARK ACRYL NI) fits on the Apex? The dimensions of the VRM and the screw holes look identical, of course without having both in hand I don't know for sure.

VRM on the Apex:69680

VRM on the Extreme V: 69681

Watercool has an "official" waterblock for the Apex, but it's out of stock. Honestly it looks the same. Hopefully someone can give me the thumbs up or someone knows for sure from making the transition from last gen to current gen.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Have you tried asking Watercool?

I have asked them a year ago about my Asus Prime-A z270 board, have a HK-IV and wanted VRM coolers too.
Well, no answer till today. They got excellent hardware but real bad comms.
Fortunately, they hired a Community Manager that I talked to recently. He promised to better things and comms.

Tbolt

P.S.: badly want vrm blocks for my ROG Strix Z370-E but I dont even ask them till I see them having improved comms

CSN7
Level 7
Well I heard about Watercool being a slow responder at best, but when I asked them on instagram (new school I know) they responded within half a day, also they responded to my mail soon after, so I gotta give them credit for that.

So either way the answer is:

The old VRM block is NOT compatible! The new blocks will ship early january, they are getting their nickel plating done atm.

xarot
Level 11
This should fit I think: http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/11560

It says:

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX (physisch)
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME (optisch)

So, for the Extreme it SHOULD fit. Could someone from ASUS confirm if the mounting dimensions are exactly the same? 🙂
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling