cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS GeForce 1070 problem - display too dark

Niko0
Level 7
I've recently bought a ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS with Nvidia GeForce 1070 on board. Unfortunately I'm still thinking of replacing it because of problems with graphics. It is really dark in the built-in display, which makes it hard to use especially during the day. Although, white is white and black is black indeed, the other colours are much darker than in my old PC (ASUS N75SL). Also text and Windows' elements are kind of 'not rastered' (one letter is thicker or thinner from the another - icons are pixeled. I've tried to increase gamma and it helped a little, but also make dark-background text less readable. On all the PC I had so far I've always used default graphics settings and it was always sufficient - and that is what I would expect from this one.

Moreover, when I connect external monitor, it's really white, which does not happen when I connect it to any other PC. In this case it is clearly too much white (like a lot of brightness), but any settings doesn't improve it.

I've already tried to remove all the drivers using DDU, and install driver from Windows update, which didn't help or change anything. I also used the tool to uninstall everting again, blocked Windows Update and installed the driver from nVidia page - also no change.

I would be grateful for your advice. If you can please share with me your graphic settings or photo from your display,
0 REPLIES 0