cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 not working

Sosinondodrore
Level 7
For some reason Sonic Studio 3 doesn't work anymore. It starts up just fine and all that, but the enhancements doesn't apply anymore. Only way to make it work is a reinstall, and then it suddenly stops working again after a reboot. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know if it has to do with my headset (Steelseries Arctis 5) that is causing this when i switch audio device, i haven't really been able to figure it out. Using a Maximus X Hero WiFi
14 REPLIES 14

Raja
Level 13
Can you state all software versions used, OS version, and if you've made any recent changes to the system (including installing OS updates)?

Haven't made any recent changes or installed any software, running Windows 10 build 16299.125 and the latest audio driver from the Asus website (6.0.1.8219)

Raja
Level 13
Can you post a list of what you do to recreate this? First case I've seen, so you'll need to be exact on details.

• Reinstall Sonic Suite with reboot of computer - Now works
  • Reboot computer - Sonic Suite now no longer works without reinstalling it

I tried switching to my headset and back, still worked, so the headset is not the problem. Also tried closing and reopening background tasks etc. and it still worked. So it's only when i reboot the computer that it stops working as far as i'm aware.

Here is a list of my startup programs: https://imgur.com/a/ptZoz

And i have had Sonic Suite working before without problems with these startup programs

I reinstalled Windows not that long ago, so it's a pretty clean install of Windows too.

Raja
Level 13
Sounds odd. Let's see if someone else has similar issues. I'm assuming nothing changes in Windows Sound properties after you reboot the system?

MSI Afterburner or Corsair LINK running ? Those two may make trouble.

FYI:
On my rig, Z370-E, the Sonic Radar Suite never worked, crashes right away. Not that I need or want it, but it just crashes. Tried with 2 new 10 installs, same bad luck.

What also crashes from time to time with dip4.dll is FanXpert. It happened 3 times already and I have to reinstall AiSuite to make it work again. Not a biggy but would be nice if that goes away.

..and why in od's name wasnt there a Q-Connector in this Box ?? I paid 230€ and no Q-Connector anymore ? Do they only come with the top tier boards now ?

Also no Asus Sticker in the DVD booklet, nada. Luckily I have a few flying around from other Asus boards but as a newcomer I would be spoiled to net get an Asus sticker for my Case, no kidding !

..and that Q-Connector...that's how you spoil people too. Lots of useless stuff in the box but the real stuff is missing. WHo needs those fan stickers and stuff ?

It all is worth nothing if the bare bone features dont work, that's when I hate LEDs and fan stickers. Take that money and make the boards better, dont waste ressources for such bling bling stuff of questionable value.

My honest opinion as long term Asus customer with a ton of Asus products myself and hundreds of boards sold, only Asus ever since for a reason.

Raja
Level 13
With Intel and and going at It, things are not quite as robust from a validation point if view. A slower upgrade cycle and waiting for reasonable maturity can avoid a lot of the teething problems of a platform.

SilenMar
Level 7
Sosinondodrore wrote:
For some reason Sonic Studio 3 doesn't work anymore. It starts up just fine and all that, but the enhancements doesn't apply anymore. Only way to make it work is a reinstall, and then it suddenly stops working again after a reboot. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know if it has to do with my headset (Steelseries Arctis 5) that is causing this when i switch audio device, i haven't really been able to figure it out. Using a Maximus X Hero WiFi

I have encountered the same problem with Maximus X Hero motherboard. The Sonic Studio III only works once and after reboot it won't apply the supposed sound effect. And when I click into Advanced Mode, the app crash instantly.

But it's just a software bug.

I've fond out that SonicStudio3.exe works alone with both SS3Svc32.exe and SS3Svc64.exe. Normally both of x32 and x64 exe are needed for SonicStudio3.exe. But the driver and program installaztion somehow only get one of them starting.

The fix is:
1.uninstall Sonicstudio III in the control panel.
2.comfirm the Realtek HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX is shown on taskbar after restart/uninstall. And it's on auto startup sechedule
or you can get it open in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe and make a auto startup schedule of it.
3.reinstall Sonicstudio III
4.end SonicStudio3.exe and SS3Svc32.exe\SS3Svc64.exe in Taskbar.
5.open HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX, under Sonic Suite tab, click Launch Sonic Studio. It probably won't open. But remeber to double click SS3Svc32.exe in
C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation\SS3Svc32.exe and SS3Svc64.exe in C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation\x64\SS3Svc64.exe. Make sure these two exe are on. Then Sonci Studio III should be lauched from HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX.
6.The next time you restart the system, remember to open Sonic Studio III from HD Audio Manager/SupremeFX. It should work without a problem.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

I am having issues with the Sonic Studio 3 as well not working properly on my Maximus X Hero WI-FI AC. I have uninstalled / reinstalled the Sonic Studio III with the Supreme FX multiple times already. I have reinstalled with both disc and from ASUS site for the newest version Ava.

The Sonic Studio III worked for the very first time after a fresh install but after reboot Sonic Studio III will no longer work for me I can use the Supreme FX, but I am very limited to what I can and can not do with the program as well, (meaning I can not adjust sound levels through an EQ or anything else except for adjust volume only.) if the Sonic Studio is known to be buggy I can live with it but what my real issue is not having anything to adjust sound to my own liking except for volume only.

If the Maximus X Hero WI-FI AC is not intended to be use through optical even through gaming then I will need to look into buying a sound card that will work to my liking just hate the fact of spending so much money on a NEW MOBO that comes with all the bells and whistles and only thing you get is … well bells only.

I run my system through optical only through my stereo.