Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Since you are about to do a RMA you can reseat your CPU and see if that helps at all.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

agreed..... crossing my fingers for ya... wut do u have to lose?
    one last shot ???

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ill get to a Sempron Am3 processor later this week. I will try reseating the phenom today, and layer will test with the sempron if it does not work, if the sempron works ill simply order a 8120

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is getting kinda frustrating, Ill not have the Sempron until Saturday now.

Asus Tech Support is now nowhere to be seen. I am desperate, how it comes that a VERY EXPENSIVE piece of electronics just stopped working and their tech support does not respond even after 72 hours of trying to reach them?

Not to mention that this is the second time an Asus Board dies on me, it makes it 2/3 failure rate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok it seems I owe Asus an apology, it was the phenom that died on me, a friend brought his crosshair iv and his x6 and it worked on mine, the x2 did not worked in the crosshair iv

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

It takes a big man to stand up and say I was a bit hasty.

Huge respect to you mate as it would have been so easy just to get on with things.

Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks HiVizMan, now I have just ordered an FX-8120 to replace the Phenom. I guess the little bugger was tired of 2 and a half year of core Unlocking + OC and since it controlled the memory, well the Crosshair could not detect it.

Which other product lets you run it outta specs all that time in a hot place like my country? None

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3