cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius is dead? Windows 10 is unable to detect device (Resolved)

KRollMaastaa
Level 7
Hello,

I got ASUS Zephyrus GX501 with a lot of gifts (backpack, mouse, toy robot etc.)

I got problems with mouse - Asus ROG Gladius.
Windows 10 is unable to detect mouse. I tried on many laptops, i instaled ROG Armory app - nothing helps. When I plug-in it into USB slot, it lights for 2sec, then Windows is showing messange with "unable to connect device".

I was trying to RMA it via Polish Asus Tech Support, they said that its dead. I cannot sent it to warranty because i got it from USA seller, and on global site is says that its global warrianty. But at Polish Asus site www says that i can return it only to seller (Asus Poland says that i cannot fix it/refund it in Poland lol...) Polish Asus Support says that i need to send it to USA to fix it (to seller). Its pointless, because shipping will cost more than device..

Is it somehow possible to fix it by my own? Anyone had same issue in past maybe? Im tryin to find any paid-service (non-Asus one) to fix it, but i need to detect reason why its dead..

Regards
Charlie
8 REPLIES 8

catsmoke
Level 7
Since the mouse "lights up" and seems to work briefly, before the Windows error message, I get the impression that the problem is not with the mouse, but with some factor in your software, either the Windows operating system or, for example, a hardware-specific driver.

catsmoke wrote:
Since the mouse "lights up" and seems to work briefly, before the Windows error message, I get the impression that the problem is not with the mouse, but with some factor in your software, either the Windows operating system or, for example, a hardware-specific driver.

Hi there 🙂

Well, i was tryin to plugin it on other PC/laptops - same thing happens. ;/
About first 2secs, it lights up, but cursor is not working.

*refreshing topic to get any advice about fixing mouse*

Hello, anybody? I think that thread is NOT resolved - mouse is still dead, noone wants to help.. ;/

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
KRollMaastaa wrote:
Hello,

I got ASUS Zephyrus GX501 with a lot of gifts (backpack, mouse, toy robot etc.)

I got problems with mouse - Asus ROG Gladius.
Windows 10 is unable to detect mouse. I tried on many laptops, i instaled ROG Armory app - nothing helps. When I plug-in it into USB slot, it lights for 2sec, then Windows is showing messange with "unable to connect device".

I was trying to RMA it via Polish Asus Tech Support, they said that its dead. I cannot sent it to warranty because i got it from USA seller, and on global site is says that its global warrianty. But at Polish Asus site www says that i can return it only to seller (Asus Poland says that i cannot fix it/refund it in Poland lol...) Polish Asus Support says that i need to send it to USA to fix it (to seller). Its pointless, because shipping will cost more than device..

Is it somehow possible to fix it by my own? Anyone had same issue in past maybe? Im tryin to find any paid-service (non-Asus one) to fix it, but i need to detect reason why its dead..

Regards
Charlie

Hi KRollMaastaa,

Please private message me a copy of your invoice via a link (use cloud storage such as WebStorage or Google Drive). I'll help you look into it.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have received a refund from your place of purchase and the mouse is confirmed to be dead after RMA...

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
You have received a refund from your place of purchase and the mouse is confirmed to be dead after RMA...

Ofc, sayin that its dead doesnt help at all. Im tryin to figure out how to fix it/how to help other buyers. Some of them will not have a lot of luck as I do with refund.
I bet that Asus service man could help with it - to say what exacly happens with mouse, and why its bricked before anyone touch it.

KRollMaastaa wrote:
Ofc, sayin that its dead doesnt help at all. Im tryin to figure out how to fix it/how to help other buyers. Some of them will not have a lot of luck as I do with refund.
I bet that Asus service man could help with it - to say what exacly happens with mouse, and why its bricked before anyone touch it.

I assume somebody from the service center did look at it and determined that it's not worth fixing? It was established when you RMA'd. The person who looked at it would be in the best position to make the decision, it would be harder for us to help. Perhaps you can try calling to get more info about what they found to be the fault.