cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless issues with my G20CB

chilinmichael
Level 10
To say the least, I've had numerous issues with my G20CB. We can reference the following RMAs

RMA #s

USPCH72522
USPCH71697
USPCH63212
USG1724986 (Damage Claim Attached to this)

Long story short:
BIOS bricked, motherboard replaced. Replacement motherboard fails after 3 months. Goes in for another MB, gets replaced and comes back with damage to case. Over 3 times back and forth to repair damage, each time service center saying no damage noted even though Asus has extensive photos and I taped the effected area and left a note describing it (can't say service techs can read english for sure). Motherboard died AGAIN. 6 month warranty extension noted on last RMA, though PC came back with lights not hooked up last return and I fixed myself noting I didn't want another two week repair due to Asus ineptitude.

Fast forward, still in warranty period, PC upon startup may or may not display video (at Bios level), also crashes more and more often coming out of sleep). Call, they finally offer replacement but even though I never had an issue before, they state the lack of 2nd drive (it died) and my SSD replacement voids warranty. I offered to buy and throw in the same Toshiba 1tb secondary drive (even though they should pay for replacement of in-warranty drive), seemingly a distant corporate who you cannot contact doesn't like that offering and still won't honor warranty even though US law prohibits them from turning me down on this.

Current case is N171297487, Dwight (a nicer service rep then previous who read like a robot and just stated "option not available") has written to corporate again and awaiting response.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.
5 REPLIES 5

chilinmichael
Level 10
My pursuit of this has paid off. They have now agreed to replace. Will keep all posted.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Bill
Level 7
Hello chilinmichael
If you have further questions regarding the RMA
Please reply here, thank you

chilinmichael
Level 10
Bill,

If you could take a look at the case, I'd appreciate it. Though I have in email from Dwight that replacement is approved and the RMA is for it, I got an email from Nashieka (rep at Asus) asking for the tracking, then another rep (Dennis) responded that they will extensively test before returning, to which I said I need re-confirmation this is for replacement ONLY, and they haven't responded. I attached the email from Dwight to response to them in email as well as evidence.

Of course, nothing.

I now see why Asus Corporate keeps themselves hidden, no ability to email, call or contact otherwise. Somehow getting an update on my status of replacement takes 24-48 hours, are they sending a carrier pigeon? I've asked numerous times and they state it's an Asus repair center. Do they not have phones in 2018? Absolutely no accountability, I work in IT and will never recommend an Asus product, ever based solely on the support I've gotten (well, not gotten). I've had to write lengthy emails, constantly follow up on broken promises and record phone calls, take video evidence and keep all emails. I guess Asus wants me to share this all on social media and get my lawyer to go ahead with a lawsuit.

Every time I call it's "we'll get you an update, I don't have access to that information at that time", in contrast, if you call Dell, HP, Lenovo and hell Maxtor back in the day, answers were immediate. How are we in 2018 and you provide this level of lack of customer service? Why is nobody accountable? Why is everyone told and trained to just deflect? It's not just me either, it's every complaint here.

-Michael

chilinmichael wrote:
Bill,

If you could take a look at the case, I'd appreciate it. Though I have in email from Dwight that replacement is approved and the RMA is for it, I got an email from Nashieka (rep at Asus) asking for the tracking, then another rep (Dennis) responded that they will extensively test before returning, to which I said I need re-confirmation this is for replacement ONLY, and they haven't responded. I attached the email from Dwight to response to them in email as well as evidence.

Bill
Level 7
Hello chilinmichael
I'm sorry for the late reply.
I've checked your unit status with our local personnel
Your unit should be already arrived to your address
If you have further questions, please reply here
Thank you for using Asus and have a nice day