cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX 1070 Backplate LED not the same colour as the rest of the card?

Airnight
Level 7
My card LED lights seem to be playing up, i had it set to a solid blue for over a year now and suddenly today they have turned back to a white colour seemingly by itself. I used Aura to tweak it back to blue except the LED lights are out of sync. For example if i set it to blue, the back plate turns green, if i turn it to white the backplate turns yellow while the rest of the card sets to the right colour.

Any advice, using the latest version of Aura.
4 REPLIES 4

cljustin
Level 8
Your AURA light is defective, the only fix is that you get it sent in for an RMA. If you need assistance, please contact me at cl-justin@asus.com

cljustin wrote:
Your AURA light is defective, the only fix is that you get it sent in for an RMA. If you need assistance, please contact me at cl-justin@asus.com

I couldn't be bothered sending it in for an RMA, I can live with it as long as it won't affect performance in the future.

It just seems like the light itself isn't defective but the controller telling it which colour to display? The colours are still fine, just incorrect.

Airnight wrote:
I couldn't be bothered sending it in for an RMA, I can live with it as long as it won't affect performance in the future.

It just seems like the light itself isn't defective but the controller telling it which colour to display? The colours are still fine, just incorrect.

It's not the lights, it's the controller. Mine does the same thing. Set it to that light blue colour and the backplate is a different shade.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Chino
Level 15
Airnight wrote:
My card LED lights seem to be playing up, i had it set to a solid blue for over a year now and suddenly today they have turned back to a white colour seemingly by itself. I used Aura to tweak it back to blue except the LED lights are out of sync. For example if i set it to blue, the back plate turns green, if i turn it to white the backplate turns yellow while the rest of the card sets to the right colour.

Any advice, using the latest version of Aura.

Try reinstalling the program.