cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak shows GPU speed at 100% even when idle

JasonWijesuriya
Level 7
Hi guys,

I have a GL553VD (1050), and as soon as I start up my laptop, GPU tweak shows GPU speed running @ 100%.

Even in the ROG Gaming Center, it shows the memory as being used fully (red bar). This is while I am NOT playing any games or running any other software. Literally as soon as I turn on my PC I get these values.

4 REPLIES 4

alexzhin
Level 7
Are you using GTX1050 as default gpu for laptop display instead of built-in Intel GPU?

alexzhin wrote:
Are you using GTX1050 as default gpu for laptop display instead of built-in Intel GPU?

I'm not sure. How would I check this?

Nate152
Hi Jason

I can tell by the clock speeds you have the 1050 enabled.

Open the Nvidia control panel and under "manage 3d settings" set Power management mode to optimal power then restart your pc and open GPU Tweak II, the clock speeds should be throttled at idle.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Jason

I can tell by the clock speeds you have the 1050 enabled.

Open the Nvidia control panel and under "manage 3d settings" set Power management mode to optimal power then restart your pc and open GPU Tweak II, the clock speeds should be throttled at idle.

Thanks, Nate! That was it. I think I changed that previously as a workaround to the 'Driver Power State Failure' BSOD - which I used to get quite often.

Cheers