cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU and Memory usage extremely high

Jbonnett
Level 8
Hi All,
Can you help me figure out what is happening here?

I don't understand how these particular programs can use 8 cores at 4.6GHz and 32GB of RAM.
If I close Gamefirst VI I still get the same problem. When I close Both Gamefirst and Call of Duty: WWII I'm still using 80% of my CPU and 90% RAM.

I don't even think the RAM is reporting correctly from this screenshot, though it is still extremely sluggish:

Memory leak perhaps? Although that doesn't explain the unusually high CPU usage.

Thanks,
Jamie
9 REPLIES 9

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
Wow that's alot of processes, maybe try Windows Resource Monitor or Sysinternals to pinpoint the culprit.

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:
Wow that's alot of processes, maybe try Windows Resource Monitor or Sysinternals to pinpoint the culprit.

Well it's happened twice this week, is there a way I can diagnose now that I'm not having the problem?

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:

But arn't they both real time programs? E.g. I can't diagnose after the fact...
As it is intermittent and not happening this second so I can't do anything right now.
So is there a way of doing it now? Not when the problem arises again.

Jbonnett wrote:
But arn't they both real time programs? E.g. I can't diagnose after the fact...
As it is intermittent and not happening this second so I can't do anything right now.
So is there a way of doing it now? Not when the problem arises again.

Remember when it happens, log time, check control panel>Security and Maintenance and note time when last maintance was performed, with all those processes and maintance running at the same time that could have been what is happening.

CODE MAXIMUS wrote:
Remember when it happens, log time, check control panel>Security and Maintenance and note time when last maintance was performed, with all those processes and maintance running at the same time that could have been what is happening.

Maintenance was ran 50 mins ago. So it couldn't have been that.

Scorpion
Level 9
Do a fresh load of Windows, with latest drivers and Windows Updates, most def a software issue...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Looks like for starters your AV is in an active scan while playing a game.
I dont use superfetch and prefetch on SSDs. Moot point....

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein