cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, Asus zenith extreme + samsung nvme 960 pro.

jacklolita
Level 7
Hi !!!
Im tired trying install samsung 960 pro into a asus zenith extreme.

Someone with the same Mobo and a samsung nvme (or another) , can tell me if in the bios / advanced / onboard devices configuration , appears the nvme ?? conected in M.2_1 or into Dimm.2_m.2_1 or into dimm.2_m2_2 ??

If the nvme appears in the bios , how you install it ? or what bios you used?

i try a lot of configurations and bios, and never see the nvme in the bios, only recognized in boot section, but in the ezmode sata information, never apperars. It say M.2_1 N/A
Dimm.2_m.2_1 N/A
dimm.2_m2_2 N/A

and no options nvme configurations appear into the advanced mode.

Someone can help me please. I only need if someone see the nvme into de bios ezmode sata info or into onboard devices...and if you can see them, tell my the bios you are using, and how you install it. thanks a lot.

i dont know if the mobo is broken , or is a bios problem. I try to conect in another m2 slots, (dimm2 , m2_1...) and not appear. I used another nvme and never appears.
i tried it with 2 different samsung 960 pro and nothin change.

In my bios i only see that;

thanks a lot.
15 REPLIES 15

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Hi
NVMe is not SATA so you will never find it in "ezmode sata information" 🙂

I have 960 Pro + Evo in the DIMM.2 riser. All you need to do is set the desired order in boot config.

Yep,

NVMe Show up only under boot device.

Simply disconnect all other Hdds to install Windows...

Don´t do a Firmware Update to your 960 pro......

CaptainFist wrote:

Don´t do a Firmware Update to your 960 pro......

t's said to be older than the 2B6QCXP7 and not newer than the 3B6QCXP7.
By the way, Samsung has taken back the 3B6QCXP7 from homepage

@jacklolita
and after the installation please do not install the Samsung NVMe Driver because the system gets a blueschrenn after the restart. Leave the AMD / windows standart drivers

OLD

NEW

Hello thanks for the answers , but when you install nvme , it should appear in advance / onboard devices and is not appear. only in boot menu.

if you see in the next screenshot ( youtube screenshot ) and in the video, he install de nvme in asus bios and they appear and are recognized in the onboard devices menu.

someone in the onboard devices menu cam see tue m2 devices??

in my bios not appear...

if you can see them, please tell me the bios you are using please.

thanks!!

https://youtu.be/bxYUg-IBvBc

in this video yoy can see it appears in the advanced/onboard devices

nvme should appear in thi menu.

you can see nvme or not?
if you can see it please tell me thw bios yoy are using
and how you install them please

thanks a lot
i dont have pch setup options in advanced menu, is normal?

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Video is for a Maximus motherboard and not Zenith Extreme.
Ignore what you see in that video, if your device is present in the boot configuration, you are good to go!

How to Set Up RAID on Your Asus Zenith Extreme & AMD Ryze Threadripper (nvme, SSD, HDD)

NVMe and SSD drive RAID installation AMD Ryzen Thread Ripper on ASUS Zenith Extreme With BIOS version 0801 or bios version 0902
Know that just as windows needs to be rebooted after changing certain settings, so does your BIOS.

Start the computer with F2
Launch CSM: Enabled
Boot Device Control: UEFI Only
Boot from Network Devices: UEFI Driver First*
Boot from Storage Devices: UEFI Driver First*
Boot from PCI-E Expansion Devices: UEFI Driver First*
In the advanced tab do NOT set SATA to RAID. Leave it ACHI
In the advanced tab find the AMD PBS setting and change it to RAID
In the advanced tab you should see the RAIDXpert Raid Configuration option now.

I can't give you exact steps for this, but you may need to delete any arrays, and Please do not initialize the physical disks to create the array....create the array to Both modus...Once you have created your array, move to the next step.

Reboot
Start the computer with F2
Boot from windows USB and begin installation.
On the installation screen where you choose your boot drive, you won't see the array yet. Click on Load Drivers and navigate to your drivers USB to raid-windows-driver-9_01_00_018/ WTx64 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/a2dln7..._01_00_018.zip). You will have to load 3 drivers You have 3 folders and you want to load 3 drivers
Go to first folder RCBottom and install rcbottom.inf
go to the second folder RCConfig and install rcraid.infto
(you should see now you will see 2 big and 2 small ones Partition a Hard Drive in screen ..or 3 if in system 3 have NVMe.... do not be afraid)
the third RCConfig and install rcnfg
Now you should see the raid array. Install windows on the array.
Once Windows has booted, Windows loads now. Please install only the drivers that I have loaded here. Be careful when installing other chipset or RAID drivers

Well, before I forget, please do not install the Samsung NVMe Driver if you're ferich ... otherwise have a bluescrenn after restar

And another thing, Raid to create after this video (https://youtu.be/csiqG_rkSWI) you can forget ...for bios bootable raid

Please install only these driver and only this utility
http://www.mediafire.com/?7rnh3rgo4o3l9

tell me if it is good

Good luck!:cool:

OLD

NEW

i have just got myself this motherboard and having the same problems with Samsung 960 EVO. NVME is listed in the boot order but no NVME settings. i have updated the bios to 0804 and that seems to not have fixed the problem. i am intending to use Unraid OS on this pc to make 2 gaming pcs.

Any help would be great.

As you can see they are not showing for me either, but the 2 that I have installed are their. Like others have stated on this thread, disconnect all other drives and have only the NVMe's installed and install windows from usb.

As for RAID setup, go to AMD PBS under "advanced menu" and select the raid option. once you save and reboot their will be RAID expert at the very bottom of the advanced section. Also, I did have issues getting that menu to show up. If I remember right, after selecting the AMD PBS/raid option, I then saved the setup and shutdown the PC all the way. Either by disconnecting the power cord or turning the PSU power switch to off.

Next one shows where the Raid config is.

Don't use the EZ mode in BIOS, advanced mode all the way.