cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion 7.1, Standard High Speed HDMI extension cable...

HeavyHemi
Level 8
works just fine between the control box and the headset for those of you with use cases where the short cord is problematic.
PSA..as I had not seen it posted.
19 REPLIES 19

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can provide feedback to the team regarding the cable. Just curious though, why do you need it to be so long? At the current length, it is possible to place the audio station out of reach and still be connected. Do you want it to reach around the back of your desk?

Cool, was wondering if I was going to be able to do this. I have my pc hooked up to my tv and could use another 9 feet for so.

white_stormy wrote:
Cool, was wondering if I was going to be able to do this. I have my pc hooked up to my tv and could use another 9 feet for so.

Exactly. There's a lot of folks like us that do that. I have a 50" screen I about 6' away from. I have extension for keyboard, mouse, Pro Flight Stick...and of course the head phones need the same thing. The stock cord is way too short and too stiff. A slimmer more flexible 12' would be perfect and they cost essentially the same. This A more flexible cable would also put less stress on the connector on the box. This lack of though in details always getd me. Why, for a HEADPHONE, would you use a relatively short thick stiff cable?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Should be cheaper to extend the USB cables or place a USB hub closer to your seat to reduce the clutter, and so you can reach the Audio Station. The cable is stiffer than usual since there are many more channels. The length is more than enough for typical use (more than an arm's length), can't reach the Audio Station otherwise.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Should be cheaper to extend the USB cables or place a USB hub closer to your seat to reduce the clutter, and so you can reach the Audio Station. The cable is stiffer than usual since there are many more channels. The length is more than enough for typical use (more than an arm's length), can't reach the Audio Station otherwise.

that's true. personally i like thicker wires on headsets, less chance of damaging them.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

This is your problem. You don't know how most use your products. Most users don't use the audio station. Basically for most users it serves as a housing for the amplifier. Why would I reach over to use a physical box when 99% of the functionality is on the desktop? That makes no sense.The unit sits several feet away on a small table shelf, that holds the keyboard and mouse when I'm not using them. Most folks do not like extra clutter on their desktop or anywhere else they can avoid it. The paradigm is shifting from someone scrunched up in front of a monitor. I'm 6 feet away from the screen. Your reply to me reads like you didn't even read what I posted.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sounds like perhaps a wireless headset or home theater sound system would be more suitable for your usage.
The audio station has the noise-cancelling mic embedded which needs to be in your proximity to work properly. Large controls with LED indicators are also important when you don't want to jump out of games to change the settings or take your eyes off the screen (if you have media controls on your keyboard then I guess you're good), and you'll still need to get off your comfy sofa to change the spectrum mode when you switch between gaming, music, and movies.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sounds like perhaps a wireless headset or home theater sound system would be more suitable for your usage.
The audio station has the noise-cancelling mic embedded which needs to be in your proximity to work properly. Large controls with LED indicators are also important when you don't want to jump out of games to change the settings or take your eyes off the screen (if you have media controls on your keyboard then I guess you're good), and you'll still need to get off your comfy sofa to change the spectrum mode when you switch between gaming, music, and movies.

Why are you arguing with a customer who is a victim of your failing customer service? It needs a longer cord on the headset. period. You keep arguing your preference which of course I don't care about. How about you use that time and energy making unproductive comments and annoying your users and get our products fixed. That would be swell.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please refrain from complaining on the forum about a usage the Centurion was never advertised for, thanks. It is a wired headset with a control box, it was not designed for the living room. I'd suggest to try the ROG Strix Fusion Wireless, I had no issues with the range, you won't have any cable issues there.