Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DRIVER46 View Post
    Hi, what is the model that are you talking about? Is it the gx501vi (2017 version) or the gx501gi (2018 version)?
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have the gx501vi model, with gtx 1080 Max-Q Design.
    I am still waiting for Asus Europa/France answer.

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

I bought the Zephryus M GM501GS-EI003T from Alternate In the netherlands(where i live). And when I unboxed the laptop I put it on a charger. when I came back 2 hours later the battery was 71% while I started with 27%. I tried to charge and discharge but it didn't help. All drivers were up to date. So Asus... You produce great laptops but you should fix your batteries.

Also the Bios said it is 0% while windows says it is 100%. Also it discharges in bulks of 4 to 8%.

So I wrote a batteryreport and it said "battery changed" in a certain time loop...

So i contacted Alternate and they gave me a RMA. Now I hope they can fix this..

Mike
    Last edited by Karnie; 06-21-2018 at 04:17 PM. Reason: missing info...

So we're 6 months later and this story gets a followup.

Spoiler: It's effed up again.

You can see it here

Note: Feel free to read the linked service inquiry but keep the discussion here in this thread please. Thanks -xero
    Last edited by xeromist; 09-25-2018 at 05:44 AM. Reason: added note

ROG Enthusiast Array

We should open class action sue ASUS. Sold us lemon product.

Quote Originally Posted by DJRiful View Post
    We should open class action sue ASUS. Sold us lemon product.
    What's more concerning is, I did a bit of research and for a laptop that's uncommon, this problem sure as heck is common.
    Within 5 minutes I had found 6 people who have had the exact same issue with the exact same laptop that has the exact same type of battery.

It's amazing that ASUS has not performed a recall, or even acknowledged the issue.
    That's what amazes me.

Edit: I should cite my sources.

User performs emergency disassembly of GX501 due to battery airbagging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46UXQGXvdEs

Another user reports swollen battery with GX501: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...attery.821843/

A user on these forums reports swollen battery with the GX501 right after having a battery replaced: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Battery-Swell

Reddit user on /r/pcmasterrace suffers from a swollen battery with the GX501: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...unbaked_bread/

Not to mention the amount of users in this thread and this board who have had the exact same issue.

What's up ASUS, Can we get a response?
    Last edited by VixusFoxy; 10-11-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Sources must be cited.

ROG Member Array

I'm sorry to hear you're also going through this struggle, VixusFoxy. How's your machine faring, currently? Have you got any other options or plans lined up for the meantime?

ROG Enthusiast Array

ASUS just released this software via Microsoft Store for BIOS 309 that I have just updated to BUT my battery is already done and swollen.

ROG Member Array

I feel like this is just a soft bandage fix for a VERY big hardware issue that, at the price point, shouldn't have ever been a problem to begin with. It doesn't change the fact that we were sold lemons, nor that our batteries/machines have already failed. I'm still absolutely livid over the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Injustice View Post
    I feel like this is just a soft bandage fix for a VERY big hardware issue that, at the price point, shouldn't have ever been a problem to begin with. It doesn't change the fact that we were sold lemons, nor that our batteries/machines have already failed. I'm still absolutely livid over the entire thing.
    Failed multiple times, even.
    Last edited by VixusFoxy; 10-15-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    The best part about ASUS ROG's $4000± Zephyrus GX501 laptops is undeniably, that
    [they] [come] [with] [built-in airbags]
    which take about 7 to 10 months to deploy. And can not be removed by the user, because that voids the warranty.
    But that's an easter egg that ASUS won't admit exists, so don't tell anyone.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VixusFoxy View Post
    Failed multiple times, even.
    In our previous conversation you mentioned that you went through Alternate for an RMA to replace the first battery, did you get an RMA number?
    Please check your inbox, we are still waiting for your response.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast