Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Bad QA for those battery. What happened is that the internal battery film layer got contact (suppose to separate it), or slightly punctured that will cause it to bloat it up when charged. Seen too much on phone batteries.

I've notice, the internal QA is pretty poor to be honest on the GX501. Exterior is fine but interior is full of fingerprints. ... this is not assembled by machine. Actually hand assembly without gloves.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DJRiful View Post
    Bad QA for those battery. What happened is that the internal battery film layer got contact (suppose to separate it), or slightly punctured that will cause it to bloat it up when charged. Seen too much on phone batteries.

I've notice, the internal QA is pretty poor to be honest on the GX501. Exterior is fine but interior is full of fingerprints. ... this is not assembled by machine. Actually hand assembly without gloves.
    Dammn, I'm getting the same problem, if I disconnect the laptop, will shut down, and keyboard seems to be a bit raised.

ROG Member Array

Attached some photos also of my problem.

My battery seems to be stucked at 56%, and disconnecting the laptop means shutdown. Seems to be dead.

Sadly, I bought the laptop on USA (I'm not from US) and I don't have warranty on my country

Also, my battery light start flashing red after couple of minutes using the laptop . No idea what that means.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos DSC_0975.JPG  

DSC_0976.JPG  

DSC_0977.JPG  

Last edited by waltercool; 02-08-2018 at 03:29 PM.

ROG Member Array

OK I wasted ~200USD on official ASUS technical support because I couldn't get any warranty on my country (bought on USA).

Not funny.

ROG Member Array

Angry

this is annoying my laptop is not even 3 mount old and my battery lost 25% capacitity only get 45 min of light browsing now i am unsatisfying , and now that i see people with laptop that are ready to explode and swelling up i think this should be fix by asus asap i think we all deserve are money back they should have a recall for this real fast

now i am afraid to use the laptop unbelievable i never tough it would come to this i am really unhappy

Status update:

My machine is apparently underway back from ASUS to the Retailer. I'm going to assume they swapped the battery.
    Seeing other users reporting this issue now, I am starting to get moderately concerned. If this new battery starts to crap out like the other one did, then I would very much like a refund because the last thing I need is a fire hazard in my house.

We'll see how it goes, I'm going to be keeping my eyes on this.

#bulgegate
    Last edited by VixusFoxy; 02-21-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Here we go, fellow adventurers!

Just got my machine back with a new keyboard and a new battery.
    Battery stats happily report 50mWh and thus the trials begin.

Can this thread be moved back from whence it came?
    Since technical support is no longer required (at this point) I want to keep it open for discussion.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO

The battery protection are well being engineered, but the battery cell it self is a crap. inflated battery everywhere.
    Sadly, i'm have removed and disposed the battery myself due to safety to me and 2699$ machine. I've violated the warranty policy and now I have to pay for the new battery.

Great!

ROG Member Array

Asus Rog Zephyrus battery inflated

Yo everybody, hope u all going well.

I am from Switzerland and i apology for my poor english.

So i have that same problem till 2-3 month and Asus Europa (or Asus France, i dont know) really seem useless because it is like one moth and half i am trying to get my computer repaired. They still telling me to wait because they are waiting for a response from someone i absolutely ignore who is.

So this is why i came here, may somebody can help me here ? It is my first time here in this forum and i was very happy to see that i am not the only one who has this inflating battery problem. I searched a lot in google and it is only here i found some people with the same problem.

Thanks a lot

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuKillKratos View Post
    Yo everybody, hope u all going well.

I am from Switzerland and i apology for my poor english.

So i have that same problem till 2-3 month and Asus Europa (or Asus France, i dont know) really seem useless because it is like one moth and half i am trying to get my computer repaired. They still telling me to wait because they are waiting for a response from someone i absolutely ignore who is.

So this is why i came here, may somebody can help me here ? It is my first time here in this forum and i was very happy to see that i am not the only one who has this inflating battery problem. I searched a lot in google and it is only here i found some people with the same problem.

Thanks a lot
    Hi, what is the model that are you talking about? Is it the gx501vi (2017 version) or the gx501gi (2018 version)?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast