cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popping noise coming from brand new GL752VS laptop!

whatcorey
Level 7
So I just got this computer less than 2 weeks ago, and i'm experiencing these popping noises whenever I turn up the volume, start up an app, or play a video, the speakers will make a loud "pop" noise, gets very annoying! I've tried system restore, updating and uninstalling drivers, and have even sent in the laptop. They told me the noise is normal to happen when turning up the volume using the mixer, but I have a hard time believing its "normal". The noise is very annoying and id like to know if there is anyway to fix it, the next step is to sent it to asus to get refunded, this laptop cost $2400! None of my other asus products do this by the way.
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you state which laptop has this popping sound? How about when you use headphones?

whatcorey
Level 7
I have the Asus ROG GL752VS-X1. No popping when using headphones, just from the speakers.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it possible for you make an audio or video recording?

whatcorey
Level 7
I could get a recording of the noise if that is what your asking.

whatcorey wrote:
I could get a recording of the noise if that is what your asking.

Yes, please. And send me the link to the file. Thanks!

whatcorey
Level 7
Here you go, it makes this very loud noise when I turn up the volume, before a video starts, and when I launch a program. I have the sound recorded but I cannot post it because it says invalid file, do you have an email I could send it to?