cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score

djayarr808
Level 7
So I just downloaded RealBench 2.56, ran the benchmark a couple times. It's definitely carrying out the tests as intended, but I'm not getting a score. Might have soemthing to do with the lack of CPU Temp readings. It's reading the CPU usage, but that's about it. System info gathering is fine too. Here's a screenshot. I tried opening it with and without monitoring programs in case something was interfering. Same result. Thanks for any and all insight.
6 REPLIES 6

meankeys
Level 13
hi and welcome to the ROG forums

Please list your full system spec's. I will suggest you first download and install a fresh copy of RB and place it in your download folder on your main drive C: we will help you sort this out. If any one test fails you will not get a score.

I also get these errors but I notice this always happening in my case after resuming from Windows Sleep.

I don't know why resuming from Windows Sleep is causing the Processing Error message but a reboot of the PC fixes it for me.

I am running my PC at completely stock settings no overclocking at all. Stress testing the PC with RealBench, Prime95 and Memtest86 doesn't show any problems.

The Log Output console box just shows "Image Processing Done!" with no explanation why in the results windows it shows "Image Processing Error!".

PC Specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
MB: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO (Bios 3402)
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB) (running at 2133 Bios default settings)
GPU: AMD Asus R9 280X

Totally forgot to check this thread!

Anyway, I randomly tried again today and it worked. I haven't put this computer to sleep since building it, so I'm really not sure what the problem was. Still no temps, just worked this time though. I think it was crashing on the heavy multitask or right before because I don't think I've seen the video come up before. On a side note, I have dual monitors (1440p landscape, vertically stacked so the desktop is 2560x2880) and it played the video in the middle between the two; not sure if anyone else even uses the same configuration so not sure if anyone has experienced it lol.

But anyway, my 3.8 1700 + FTW2 1080 got a 127,490. Doesn't seem bad, surrounded by similar spec'd systems, more or less.

Thanks for the replies!

os4321 wrote:
I also get these errors but I notice this always happening in my case after resuming from Windows Sleep.

Sorry to bump the old thread, but I seem to be having the same issue, and was wondering if there is a fix.

Just put together a new system with a Ryzen 1600 on a Strix B350-F and updated to 2.56. Settings are stock, including the ram at stock settings for 2666 and 1.2v. Windows 1809. I have bios version 4011.

If the system has been resumed from sleep, Realbench 2.56 will claim errors in each test. If the system has not been put to sleep since boot, I can run benches however many times I want without error.

Log output does not indicate what is going on. For instance, here is the log after running H.264 Video Encoding after resuming from sleep:

Encoding: task 1 of 1, 99.92 % (87.23 fps, avg 58.45 fps, ETA 00h00m00s)[19:41:39] aac-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors, 0 drops
[19:41:39] mux: track 0, 2207 frames, 58912579 bytes, 5338.70 kbps, fifo 1024
[19:41:39] mux: track 1, 4139 frames, 1770785 bytes, 160.47 kbps, fifo 2048
[19:41:39] libhb: work result = 0

Encode done!

HandBrake has exited.

I have 2.56 installed on the system disk, which is an SSD, at c:\Realbench. I have already tried replacing folder from the compressed download file, but that made no difference.

I have a copy of 2.4 installed on one of my spinning disks, and it does not generate these errors after sleep. I used to have 2.44 on the SSD, but it is gone. Maybe I will try to get it again, although it seemed like the Image Processing scores were whonky on Ryzen since the cores weren't always boosting.

Anybody have a fix?

Ok, looks like this is due to problems with the timers after the system goes to sleep.

After forcing HPET on in Windows via powershell, Realbench 2.56 will generate valid scores after the system wakes from sleep.

hazium233 wrote:
Ok, looks like this is due to problems with the timers after the system goes to sleep.

After forcing HPET on in Windows via powershell, Realbench 2.56 will generate valid scores after the system wakes from sleep.
I this issue on and off for a few years now and always wondered what it was. I can confirm this was the fix for mine as I noticed that my system often goes to sleep. Once I did a fresh reboot it worked fine. Thanks for the info.