cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore to Factory state on Asus G752VY?

BL_11
Level 7
A couple months ago I clean install windows 10 and accidentally deleted the recovery partition, so whenever I Factory reset my G752 it took me to a blue screen with some options, similar to the picture below. So do I need to buy a recovery partition or are there any other ways to recover it to factory state?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
If you don't care about the recovery partition and just want to make the screen go away you could clean install Win 10 again. Just nuke all the partitions first and start from a bare drive. Win 10 will reactivate.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you ditched the original install and chose to do a dirty install then the only way back to factory state is to ship the machine back to ASUS for reimaging. That where put you back to out of the box state with recovery partition intact. There is no other way to do it.

Other than that see advice above.

Its no secret here that I do not support the incessant urge to reinstall the OS from scratch. The forum is full of posts just like this one. On desktops its a different story as thats how you started anyhow. For laptops its a different story and they are never the same again after a dirty install.

My advice is and has always been and will always be....
First thing after getting a new machine clone your original drive to a new drive then pull the original and put it away for a rainy day, much like the OP is having now. This way you aill always have the original image for the aw crap moments and can recover without having to send your machine off and paying to have it done, usually costs more in shipping and labor charges than the new drive and certainly saves in future down time. Once you have cloned you can mess around all you want, you have an insurance policy that you pulled and put away. Having the original drive uncompromised also saves time in the RMA process for other problems as only the original equipment and OS are supported.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MrRuckus
Level 10
BL_11 wrote:
A couple months ago I clean install windows 10 and accidentally deleted the recovery partition, so whenever I Factory reset my G752 it took me to a blue screen with some options, similar to the picture below. So do I need to buy a recovery partition or are there any other ways to recover it to factory state?

Its kind of a PITA but so many OEMs have now switched to live recovery's only where its only available on the drive it was sent with. I remember the old days where you used to get media with the factory image on those, Media is simply not big enough anymore a lot of the time. A thumb drive with the image on it would be nice, as that is relatively cheap. But most just put it on a partition as that's the easiest thing to do in mass production.

I did manipulate the partitions without ill effects on my G752VY. Out of the box for some reason Asus chose to break the 256GB NVMe drive into 2 partitions. As soon as I got it I remember I combined those 2 partitions into one. I didnt change anything else. Then when the time came to reload it to give it to my son, I thought I was going to have to reload manually, but the restore partition was intact and worked without issue. It also left the 256GB in one partition.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72