cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxmius X Formula internal connectors confusion

NE0XY
Level 9
Hey,

I'm looking to pick up the formula and I'm just making sure everything will work together properly before I hit "buy", and I'm wondering mainly if all my internal usb things will "fit" so to say.
I have an Aquaero 6XT fan controller that requires an USB header (5pin), my front panel thingy ( also requires x19 pin connector. I'm also probably getting some Corsair LL140 fans, meaning I'll need an additional USB 9pin connector connected to the motherboard.
Will I be able to connect all this? I get really confused by all these different USB ports etc

Thank you hope that made any sense
8 REPLIES 8

Menthol
Level 14
The 19 pin is USB 3.0 for your front panel connection
There is only 0ne 9 pin USB 2.0 Internal port you will need an Internal USB Hub, NZXT sells one that has worked for many including myself

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&q...

Menthol wrote:
The 19 pin is USB 3.0 for your front panel connection
There is only 0ne 9 pin USB 2.0 Internal port you will need an Internal USB Hub, NZXT sells one that has worked for many including myself

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&q...

Thank you, I'll do that.

kkn
Level 14
connect the fans to the fan controller.

kkn wrote:
connect the fans to the fan controller.

Corsair LL fans require a controller for their LEDs that connects to the motherboard through a USB connection.

Menthol
Level 14
This RGB craze with no industry standard has really caused a lot of issues

quark54
Level 8
I may have misunderstood, if so ignore me. But in the box you will find an adaptor so you can use the USB 3 front panel header as a USB2. Same on my Code.

Menthol wrote:
This RGB craze with no industry standard has really caused a lot of issues

Agree, I wish those fans were controllable/syncable with AURA but sadly not.

quark54 wrote:
I may have misunderstood, if so ignore me. But in the box you will find an adaptor so you can use the USB 3 front panel header as a USB2. Same on my Code.

Fantastic, hopefully that'll be enough 😃

On a sidenote I'm still hoping they release the "Extreme" board with that nice monoblock before I pull the trigger so to speak

quark54
Level 8
I did pull the trigger on the Maximus X Code, but not had chance to install it yet. Have a few case mods to do and some custom cables to order.