cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be worried? Strix OC 1080 Ti SLI Temps

fuglyto
Level 7
I've recently got a 2nd Strix OC 1080 Ti as a gift and put them in an SLI configuration with my other Strix OC 1080 Ti. There is a single slot space between both cards. When Benchmarking/Gaming the top card would reach temps at around 84C, should I be worried? I've adjusted the fan curve to max out at 80% and I have a case fan blowing on them from front intake. Should I go back to single card config? I'd rather not leaving the side of my case open.

I've been reading online that 84C is the throttle point and that they are designed to run at these temps for hours, but I still worry.

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR: is 84C too high for this card and should I go back to single card set up.

Specs:
2x Strix OC 1080 Ti
Asus Strix Z270E motherboard
Phanteks P400S TG
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
That's one hell of a present! You must have been extra good this year 🙂
First you can try swapping the two cards around, the card in the top slot will always be hotter but perhaps the other card runs slightly cooler.
When you have two cards as powerful as those, they tend to get quite hot and some chassis are more suitable than others. A lack of space in between them can cause the top card to reach around 80 degrees, that is normal when in SLI. Again it depends on the airflow of the chassis. Your case can cater for quite a few fans, have you installed extra ones?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Sounds like a good opportunity to make use of the two PWM/DC fan headers on the Strix to be controlled by GPU temperature if the chassis allows.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here's a quick guide to set up FanConnect:
https://youtu.be/A9EyVBUKp5A