Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook pro i7 2.3 17"- Macbook pro retina 15 2015 i7 2.3
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TZR 8x16 cl14 3200
    Graphics Card #1Gigabite GTX 1060 &GB Rev2 Aorus Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Titan XP
    Graphics Card #3Titan XP
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSony Bravia 46
    Storage #1Corsair mp500 512
    Storage #2ForceGT 512 SSD + Samsung 850Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Apple keyboard
    Mouse Cheap Microsoft mouse
    Headset Powerbeats3 Wireless
    Mouse Pad My table
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU 1709
    Accessory #1 2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro + TR360 Liquid AIO
    Accessory #2 4 RGB Led Stripes + 3 Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 Integrated 7" side case Display monitor for temps
    GeekhomeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    TR 1950x / Zenith extreme 0804 Extreme OC ( STABLE ). up to 4.2 Ghz @ 3600MHZ

    Hi all .


    The following screenshot prove that TRripper 1950x can run stable @ 4.2 GHZ with 3600Mhz ram speed.
    This config/settings successfull pass AIDA64 Stress test and Prime95 test.

    Can someone tell me if this is normal or ( most probably) a bios bug ?.

    considering people can't run even on stock ram speed and can't reach 4.x GHz this seems very strange...

    I'm really happy with build but... i think this result is a bios bug.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-(4).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	69951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-(3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	69952

    Settings:

    OC : manual
    3600
    x40
    100
    LLC1/2 : 4
    RAM ( OC @ 3600 ) v 1.71xx >73xx ( 3200 1.2500 )
    cpu v set to 1.22500 ( bios show core voltage to 1.242 @ 23"c ) cpu-z show 1.264 !!!!

    AMD PBS > IOMMU ENABLED
    amd PBS > Streaming store control > enabled
    amd PBS ZEN COMMON > custom pstate throttling > DIsabled

    Zenith Extreme ( actually 0804 - aura 1.0.13 )
    AMD RyZEN Threadripper 1950x
    I can choose from this two settings
    ( 4.206 v1.26.875 ) x42 ( don't use it not caus system stability but fear of a bios bug and damage
    ( 4.0 v1.22500 ) x40
    G.Skill RGB TridentZ 4x8 3200 CL14 @ v 1.2500 ( ZTR ) ( 3600 CL14/T2 v1.73 > 74 / 75 stable )

    I never see Cpu temps exceed 26/30C degrees even with SW Stress test.
    Enermax stock Thermal paste ( i'm waiting for Conductonaut liquid metal 5 grams )

    this settings full pass AIDA64 / prime95 / Cpu-z / Cinebench / 3DMark.

    i don't run "nonsense" 24/48/96 Hours of le mans stress tests. my stability test runs for 4 hours max
    running stress test Software + VLC MKV video at the sametime, if the test pass.. is more than enough for my taste.

    Full Specs:

    Cougar Conquer
    Corsair AX1500i
    Zenith Extreme ( actually 0804 - aura 1.0.13 )
    AMD RyZEN Threadripper 1950x
    G.Skill RGB TridentZ ( Version ZTR ) 4x8 3200 cl14
    GIGABYTE GTX 1060 6GB ( rev 2.0 ) ( 2x Titan XP/ 1x Volta after Holidays )
    Corsair HP500 512
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Samsung 850 pro 1TB
    ForceGT 240
    8 TB 7200/256MB
    Corsair Lightning Pro Controller
    4 RGB LED Stripes
    Integrated 7" Case monitor Display for Temp Monitoring.
    Additional rear fan suspended pointing to VRM and CPU AIO Liquid Cooling Pump.
    Enermax TR4 360 AIO Liquid Cooling
    Last edited by GeekhomeGamer; 01-04-2018 at 11:27 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook pro i7 2.3 17"- Macbook pro retina 15 2015 i7 2.3
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TZR 8x16 cl14 3200
    Graphics Card #1Gigabite GTX 1060 &GB Rev2 Aorus Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Titan XP
    Graphics Card #3Titan XP
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSony Bravia 46
    Storage #1Corsair mp500 512
    Storage #2ForceGT 512 SSD + Samsung 850Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Apple keyboard
    Mouse Cheap Microsoft mouse
    Headset Powerbeats3 Wireless
    Mouse Pad My table
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU 1709
    Accessory #1 2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro + TR360 Liquid AIO
    Accessory #2 4 RGB Led Stripes + 3 Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 Integrated 7" side case Display monitor for temps
    GeekhomeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    mmmmm..

    full of real expert here ah... hahahahaha

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array bnea02 PC Specs
    bnea02 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)rMBP17"
    MotherboardASUS X399 Zenith Extr
    ProcessorAMD RYSEN TR 1950x
    Memory (part number)corsair
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080 TI water something
    Graphics Card #2GTX 690
    Graphics Card #3GTX 590
    Graphics Card #4GTX 8800
    Monitorpredator X34A
    Storage #12x Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #210+ HDDs
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360
    CaseBequiet 900 pro
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000w
    Keyboard many
    Mouse Leadr
    Headset/Speakers Logi Z906
    OS W10
    Network RouterUnifi Switch 16p
    Accessory #1 Synology 1815+
    Accessory #2 Ubiquiti ecosystem
    bnea02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Good work there mate

    Im happy for you as of all the bios updates and stuff. I get insane temps at 4GHz asus oc profile and have a similar system.
    My main problem is that the volts ramp up to really high levels => high temps.
    And Aura and OLEDpanel dont work anymore :-(, otherwise its all good and dandy.
    BNEA02

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook pro i7 2.3 17"- Macbook pro retina 15 2015 i7 2.3
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TZR 8x16 cl14 3200
    Graphics Card #1Gigabite GTX 1060 &GB Rev2 Aorus Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Titan XP
    Graphics Card #3Titan XP
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSony Bravia 46
    Storage #1Corsair mp500 512
    Storage #2ForceGT 512 SSD + Samsung 850Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Apple keyboard
    Mouse Cheap Microsoft mouse
    Headset Powerbeats3 Wireless
    Mouse Pad My table
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU 1709
    Accessory #1 2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro + TR360 Liquid AIO
    Accessory #2 4 RGB Led Stripes + 3 Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 Integrated 7" side case Display monitor for temps
    GeekhomeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by bnea02 View Post
    Im happy for you as of all the bios updates and stuff. I get insane temps at 4GHz asus oc profile and have a similar system.
    My main problem is that the volts ramp up to really high levels => high temps.
    And Aura and OLEDpanel dont work anymore :-(, otherwise its all good and dandy.
    BNEA02

    I think my system not showing the REAL speed and temps... this is why i ask on the forum if my specs is normal or a bug..

    anyway.. for your problem..

    have you tried to set Loadline to 4 / 4 ? with vcore @ 1.26xxx w cpu ratio x38 ?.
    on some builds the RAM Module can be the cause of cpu vcore instability/temps.

    what temps you read ?.
    you have liquid cooling on cpu ?.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array bnea02 PC Specs
    bnea02 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)rMBP17"
    MotherboardASUS X399 Zenith Extr
    ProcessorAMD RYSEN TR 1950x
    Memory (part number)corsair
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080 TI water something
    Graphics Card #2GTX 690
    Graphics Card #3GTX 590
    Graphics Card #4GTX 8800
    Monitorpredator X34A
    Storage #12x Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #210+ HDDs
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360
    CaseBequiet 900 pro
    Power SupplyCorsair 1000w
    Keyboard many
    Mouse Leadr
    Headset/Speakers Logi Z906
    OS W10
    Network RouterUnifi Switch 16p
    Accessory #1 Synology 1815+
    Accessory #2 Ubiquiti ecosystem
    bnea02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Settings anf temps

    Ill have to get back to you as im at work atm, but will post full specs...

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    GeekhomeGamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook pro i7 2.3 17"- Macbook pro retina 15 2015 i7 2.3
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TZR 8x16 cl14 3200
    Graphics Card #1Gigabite GTX 1060 &GB Rev2 Aorus Extreme
    Graphics Card #2Titan XP
    Graphics Card #3Titan XP
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSony Bravia 46
    Storage #1Corsair mp500 512
    Storage #2ForceGT 512 SSD + Samsung 850Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 AIO
    CaseCougar Conquer
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Apple keyboard
    Mouse Cheap Microsoft mouse
    Headset Powerbeats3 Wireless
    Mouse Pad My table
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU 1709
    Accessory #1 2x Corsair Lightning Node Pro + TR360 Liquid AIO
    Accessory #2 4 RGB Led Stripes + 3 Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 Integrated 7" side case Display monitor for temps
    GeekhomeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by bnea02 View Post
    Ill have to get back to you as im at work atm, but will post full specs...

    Yes, i'm curious and eventually happy if with some help i can try to fix it .

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekhomeGamer View Post
    Hi all .


    The following screenshot prove that TRripper 1950x can run stable @ 4.2 GHZ with 3600Mhz ram speed.
    This config/settings successfull pass AIDA64 Stress test and Prime95 test.

    Can someone tell me if this is normal or ( most probably) a bios bug ?.

    considering people can't run even on stock ram speed and can't reach 4.x GHz this seems very strange...

    I'm really happy with build but... i think this result is a bios bug.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-(4).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	69951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-(3).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	69952

    Settings:

    OC : manual
    3600
    x40
    100
    LLC1/2 : 4
    RAM ( OC @ 3600 ) v 1.71xx >73xx ( 3200 1.2500 )
    cpu v set to 1.22500 ( bios show core voltage to 1.242 @ 23"c ) cpu-z show 1.264 !!!!

    AMD PBS > IOMMU ENABLED
    amd PBS > Streaming store control > enabled
    amd PBS ZEN COMMON > custom pstate throttling > DIsabled

    Zenith Extreme ( actually 0804 - aura 1.0.13 )
    AMD RyZEN Threadripper 1950x
    I can choose from this two settings
    ( 4.206 v1.26.875 ) x42 ( don't use it not caus system stability but fear of a bios bug and damage
    ( 4.0 v1.22500 ) x40
    G.Skill RGB TridentZ 4x8 3200 CL14 @ v 1.2500 ( ZTR ) ( 3600 CL14/T2 v1.73 > 74 / 75 stable )

    I never see Cpu temps exceed 26/30C degrees even with SW Stress test.
    Enermax stock Thermal paste ( i'm waiting for Conductonaut liquid metal 5 grams )

    this settings full pass AIDA64 / prime95 / Cpu-z / Cinebench / 3DMark.

    i don't run "nonsense" 24/48/96 Hours of le mans stress tests. my stability test runs for 4 hours max
    running stress test Software + VLC MKV video at the sametime, if the test pass.. is more than enough for my taste.

    Full Specs:

    Cougar Conquer
    Corsair AX1500i
    Zenith Extreme ( actually 0804 - aura 1.0.13 )
    AMD RyZEN Threadripper 1950x
    G.Skill RGB TridentZ ( Version ZTR ) 4x8 3200 cl14
    GIGABYTE GTX 1060 6GB ( rev 2.0 ) ( 2x Titan XP/ 1x Volta after Holidays )
    Corsair HP500 512
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Samsung 850 pro 1TB
    ForceGT 240
    8 TB 7200/256MB
    Corsair Lightning Pro Controller
    4 RGB LED Stripes
    Integrated 7" Case monitor Display for Temp Monitoring.
    Additional rear fan suspended pointing to VRM and CPU AIO Liquid Cooling Pump.
    Enermax TR4 360 AIO Liquid Cooling


    Your pictures way to blurry for me to see at all. I like to know how you got to 4.2ghz stable. Details on what was changed in bios. Did you ever figure out if it was a bug? That oc for 4ghz and low voltage seems not stable. 1.225? You sure it was not 1.25?

    Can I get detailed guide for oc ram? All the settings related to ram and stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •