cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 does not work on FCU

Mikmik91
Level 7
In fact ANY version of this software doesn't seem to work. At least the ones through my support page. Everytime I run this software I get 'Unable to obtain the AURA-enabled device information.' error.

I have tried many, MANY fixes; here on this forum and elsewhere on the internet. I however am open to ANY suggestions you may have. I just want this software to work. It is worth noting this is a fresh install of windows 10. I have not setup much of anything yet besides motherboard software as this is a new build.

The lights on the Mobo, ram, and fan all work. Upon a cold boot they are all in sync. Once past post they fall out of sync.

Besides my specs, I'm sure most others on this forum can understand and appreciate the frustration required in just getting this software to run. I'm not sure what other people have done or what deals they've made to get it to run on existing or other new systems...But I'm at a loss on where the fault at least lies; Is this software error or a motherboard error?

Specs are as follows(with clickable links to more details):
Motherboard: rog strix x370-f
BIOS version: 3401
Processor: Ryzen 1700
Memory kit: G.Skill 3000mhz
Graphics card: Not Aura Supported (Nvidia 1070)
Mouse: Naga 2014
Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma
Cooling solution: Stock Ryzen Cooler
Aura version: 1.05.28
16 REPLIES 16

Mikmik91
Level 7
65 views and I've seen at least one new thread regarding this version of Aura and several other threads pop up since time of post.

So is Asus just going to ignore? Was I lied to over the phone to seek assistance from the forums?

AkaNe0
Level 10
zachary.huch wrote:
In fact ANY version of this software doesn't seem to work. At least the ones through my support page. Everytime I run this software I get 'Unable to obtain the AURA-enabled device information.' error.

I have tried many, MANY fixes; here on this forum and elsewhere on the internet. I however am open to ANY suggestions you may have. I just want this software to work. It is worth noting this is a fresh install of windows 10. I have not setup much of anything yet besides motherboard software as this is a new build.

The lights on the Mobo, ram, and fan all work. Upon a cold boot they are all in sync. Once past post they fall out of sync.

Besides my specs, I'm sure most others on this forum can understand and appreciate the frustration required in just getting this software to run. I'm not sure what other people have done or what deals they've made to get it to run on existing or other new systems...But I'm at a loss on where the fault at least lies; Is this software error or a motherboard error?

Specs are as follows(with clickable links to more details):
Motherboard: rog strix x370-f
BIOS version: 3401
Processor: Ryzen 1700
Memory kit: G.Skill 3000mhz
Graphics card: Not Aura Supported (Nvidia 1070)
Mouse: Naga 2014
Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma
Cooling solution: Stock Ryzen Cooler
Aura version: 1.05.28

To resume, you do have two AURA sync devices: Motherboard and G.skill memory kit.

Please try to uninstall and reinstall AURA once again - you can check this post for steps to follow. As you have the Black Chroma from Razer, make sure the software is not running as it might create conflict.

If you still have the same error message, please describe the color effect you have once you've booted into your OS.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
To resume, you do have two AURA sync devices: Motherboard and G.skill memory kit.

Please try to uninstall and reinstall AURA once again - you can check this post for steps to follow. As you have the Black Chroma from Razer, make sure the software is not running as it might create conflict.

If you still have the same error message, please describe the color effect you have once you've booted into your OS.

I performed your requested tasks and described the color effects. Were my results of any use or help?

zachary.huch wrote:
I performed your requested tasks and described the color effects. Were my results of any use or help?

Due to lack of further support from Forum staff, I elected to re-install my OS. Had you asked for logs, dumps, or any other information prior to the Reformat you may have been able to glean something from whatever caused it to not work, as all I had installed was motherboard software.

Because the machine has been reformatted however, that information is gone. We may never know what caused this issue and many people could have used a real fix other than "Please re-install your operating system"

I do however, now have a new issue. The software runs, and detects my mobo and ram. I am able to set profiles, and edit colors and settings. Unfortunately however, I cannot seem to get my G.Skill ram to turn off once the machine has been put to sleep.

I have the shutdown enabled within Aura, and I have the LED setting enabled in BIOS to shut down too. Everything else shuts down (Mobo and Ryzen fan), yet the ram will stay on and stuck on whatever color was cycling as the system went to sleep. Is there a fix for this? And please don't say re-install my Operating System....

zachary.huch wrote:
Due to lack of further support from Forum staff, I elected to re-install my OS. Had you asked for logs, dumps, or any other information prior to the Reformat you may have been able to glean something from whatever caused it to not work, as all I had installed was motherboard software.

Because the machine has been reformatted however, that information is gone. We may never know what caused this issue and many people could have used a real fix other than "Please re-install your operating system"

I do however, now have a new issue. The software runs, and detects my mobo and ram. I am able to set profiles, and edit colors and settings. Unfortunately however, I cannot seem to get my G.Skill ram to turn off once the machine has been put to sleep.

I have the shutdown enabled within Aura, and I have the LED setting enabled in BIOS to shut down too. Everything else shuts down (Mobo and Ryzen fan), yet the ram will stay on and stuck on whatever color was cycling as the system went to sleep. Is there a fix for this? And please don't say re-install my Operating System....

Thanks for reporting your fix. It seems that a file might corrupt the fact that the motherboard is being recognized by the AURA software. In some other cases, the Corsair Link seems to be a candidate for it to happen. We are now running some tests to understand what is really happening and find a fix.

Regarding the G.skill RAM, this is not an issue - but an EC control limitation. When put to sleep, the motherboard cannot send information to the EC controller of the RAM. The only way, will be to set them off before going to sleep. You can refer to this thread.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

zachary.huch wrote:

Glad you got it sorted.
Patience is a virtue. Staff and ASUS employees are actually not on the boards all that much. Recently they have been on more than ever but this is very much a user help oriented forum.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme
Level 13
You may not be getting any views due to the title of the thread.
Many are in fact running it on FCU
Id be more inclined to believe its related to hardware and software conflicts.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

I have uninstalled AURA as per instructions, and reinstalled also per instructions as mentioned in the linked thread. I should note I have attempted running AURA with and without Razer Synapse; as well as with and without Razer Synapse even installed. The results remain the same. This is a fresh build and fresh installation. The only softwares I have installed are Windows updates, peripheral device software, and Mobo software/drivers/updates. I will be attempting another fresh install later this weekend to see if that helps, however I hope I do not have to and will be trying other stuff in the meantime.

As for the error message, it still persists, and the colors as previously stated are as follows: Upon cold boot, the RAM, MOBO, and CPU Heatsink (Ryzen Heatsink) all light up with 'Rainbow Unicorn Vomit' (Default rainbow colors) and are in sync. Once the motherboard (ROG Strix x370-f Gaming) posts, all devices slowly lose sync. The colors are on and functioning, just not in sync.

JustinThyme wrote:
You may not be getting any views due to the title of the thread.
Many are in fact running it on FCU
Id be more inclined to believe its related to hardware and software conflicts.

I know and believe people can and have ran this on FCU. I however cannot and this is a brand new install.

Not to be 'that guy' but that's the only two possible reasons it could be; Hardware or Software. This issue lies either with the AURA software or my Mobo. I have no real indication which way to lean - As there aren't enough threads about this particular issue for it to be 'widespread', however there are enough for this to be more than a rare occurance. Furthermore, my MOBO is functioning just fine aside from this software not running, so I can't very well say I know for sure it's this either. In fact you could even argue that it IS the software, because for me to get the kind of luck to get both a bad RAM kit AND Motherboard (Software won't detect either of them upon launch) seem like a lower chance than the software being bugged.

I'm not trying to point fingers or get uppity, I'm just confused and frustrated because so far my troubleshooting leads me to believe that the issue lies with this software.

Menthol
Level 14
I have it install on X Hero with Gskill RGB and FCU, granted I am using a single color, for both board and Ram and it does work (I don't like flashing multi color lights flashing) , it is slow when I make a changes but it does work fine, no trouble during restart or resuming from sleep