cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Freezing after Nvidia GeForce 980 M driver update at boot up

Warrigal
Level 7
Hi All,

Really struggling to get my G752VY laptop to boot up after updating latest Nvidia GeForce 980 M driver.

Did the driver update and now I can't use my laptop. Sent it to ASUS who say there is nothing wrong with it despite the fact it wont even boot up. Local IT guys can't get it to work. Windows re-installed - drivers re-installed and then the same thing happens. Line across screen and end of progress. IS anyone else having this issue? Should I get a new graphics card or could there be another issue?

Cheers

Warrigal
2 REPLIES 2

ErikD
Level 7
.. happened to a Sony Vaio once, turned out the GPU was toasted. Free repair cause it was a known issue with that card and laptop mdel. Maybe you can consult Google to see if this might be a known problem, related to the card and laptop model? Maybe its the hardware.

MrRuckus
Level 10
Warrigal wrote:
Hi All,

Really struggling to get my G752VY laptop to boot up after updating latest Nvidia GeForce 980 M driver.

Did the driver update and now I can't use my laptop. Sent it to ASUS who say there is nothing wrong with it despite the fact it wont even boot up. Local IT guys can't get it to work. Windows re-installed - drivers re-installed and then the same thing happens. Line across screen and end of progress. IS anyone else having this issue? Should I get a new graphics card or could there be another issue?

Cheers

Warrigal

Ouch. This brings back memories of my brothers Chaintech Ti4600 way back in the day. The only graphics card I have ever seen go bad. The display did similar to what yours is doing but the whole screen was checkered pink and black. The card would post, but couldnt get into Windows. Thats corrupted video, most likely the GPU is toast. I believe the G752VY is also an all in one board where the GPU is soldered on the motherboard, so you would need a new motherboard. 😕 Sorry man. That rough.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72