cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Extreme?

NE0XY
Level 9
Simple question, will we see a Maximus X Extreme?
About to pull the trigger on a whole new setup, 1080Ti Poseidon, 8700K etc etc and I would love to have a motherboard like the Extreme for the Z270 with a sweet monoblock
35 REPLIES 35

MarthaMay
Level 7

MarthaMay wrote:
I had originally planned on the M10E also, but with the Z390 chipset right around the corner (March or June), decided not to spend $549 or $599 on a Z370 mobo.

Picked up the Maximus 10 Apex for $349 with a binned 5.2GHz and delidded 8700K from Siliconlottery.com

Alsolutely LOVE the Apex 10, although I cannot figure out why the 5G NIC was included and not Bluetooth/Wifi instead.

Ordered an Asus AC55BT Bluetooth/Wifi riser card with a blue PCB for my Logitech MX Master 2S bluetooth mouse, for about $32, it works so well seems more powerful and responsive than the onboard Bluetooth on my M8E and R5E10.

I'll put up some cool pics if anyone is interested in the Asus Bluetooth AIC. 🙂

Sorry for getting off track, the M10E may be announced at CES Las Vegas on January 9th - 12th, but I'm gonna wait and pick up a Maximus 11 Extreme Z390.

Of course, there is always a chance since the two chipsets will be introduced so close together, there may not be an M10E, who knows. 🙂

Seems like all I do is wait for new hardware... my current rig/motherboard (Rampage IV BE) is so broken I can barely do anything so I can't bother to wait for Z390, especially since we don't really have a release date for it? (last time I checked at least)

MarthaMay wrote:
I know that feeling. Waited all year long for a new mobo and CPU, (grabbed one the LAST week of the year) was going for the Rampage 6 Extreme, but that mesh bus has such high latency, engineering friends of mine were complaining saying Broadwell E was more responsive and faster, so the long wait for the M10E began a few months ago.

Then, Got sick of waiting for an unannounced board, AND AMD is rumored to release RYZEN refresh in March, so Intel may also release Z390 in March, just rumors, so I picked up the M10 Apex and love it so much. 😛

I've had three extreme boards M5E, M8E, and R5E10, great boards although that X99 chipset was really showing its age, in contrast Z370 is so fast, I'm booting in 6seconds with an Intel 900P Optane SSD, absolutely overwhelmed.

It's ONLY about 12days until CES 2018, if you can wait that long, the M10E might be announced, if not go for the Apex 10 and save some money. 🙂

...unless you need lots of DIMM slots... 😄

I will definitely be purchasing the Maximus 11 Extreme (Z390) whenever it launches, and keep both the M10A, and M11E.

Replacing my M8E, and R5E10. 🙂

I'll try and wait 12 days then =P
Thanks

NE0XY wrote:
Seems like all I do is wait for new hardware... my current rig/motherboard (Rampage IV BE) is so broken I can barely do anything so I can't bother to wait for Z390, especially since we don't really have a release date for it? (last time I checked at least)

I'm in exactly the same boat as you dude. My R4BE and 3930k are starting to show their age, and one of my dram slots died the other month, that plus some other strange errors have made me bite the bullet and get on the Z370 wagon lol

I've just purchase a pre binned 8700k at 5ghz and some nice Team Group 8 pack ram.

Only thing I haven't purchased is the new mobo. I very nearly pulled the trigger on the Formula but holding out for the extreme!

Fingers crossed it comes along soon!

** EDIT ** - just seen Rajas reply 😞 Formula it is then!
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

Menthol
Level 14
Since the Extreme has not been announced or rumored at all I would not wait myself, it wouldn't be the first time a generation was skipped
While the IX Extreme was probably one of the best looking boards of all time I haven't seen ta high volume of people post with the boards, probably because of the extra cost of the included mono block. I skipped it because of that reason myself, and my building skills couldn't do it justice anyway
The Apex line has turned out to be my favorite boards