cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Ai Suite III PROBLEMS

unwytt
Level 7
Hey, i was running into a problem when booting my pc yesterday.. the gpufanhelper app would ask for permission obviously id grant it but then id get some error message.. as i looked into it people said to reinstall it.. although that never worked because every time i run the install it asks me if i want to delete all the files...

i then proceeded to boot up my add and remove programs and delete AI suite from there.. still no success so finally i looked into how to manually remove every last bit of the program and i followed this guys guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89547-How-to-uninstall-Ai-Suite-III-manually

If you dont want to go to that thread heres what was told to be done:
Step 1: Open Task Manager – End the following Processes
AISuite3.exe
DIPAwayMode.exe
iUSB3.exe
U3Boost.exe
EPUShortcut.exe
Stop the following Services
AsusFanControlService
asComSvc
aS HmComSvc

Step 2: Go to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ASUS\ and erase all programs

the issue is that i cannot erase these programs because they are still in use even after ive disabled and or stopped all the processes in the task manager..
if Ai Suite isnt really needed then i wont continue on with this pain in the a** but id still enjoy to have it wiped from my PC any help would be great.
Also, ive already used CCleaner and im not aware if im using it wrong but it hasnt deleted these files either..

even if i reinstall ai suite i still get these messages :
"class not resistered, progID: "atkexcom.axdata" from both the Aisuite3 and Dipawaymode
1 REPLY 1

cekeu
Level 12
Personally I would choose in this case to reset the system:
Settings/update and security/recovery/reset this PC..........Only the disk on which the system is installed.
And if you upgrade the system to every new version of Windows 10, I do not advise you to use dip (Dual Intelligent Processor). Uncheck the dip installation when installing AI Suite 3.
Prefer to set up your components by the BIOS, This will be 100% stable.
The problem you are experiencing with gpufanhelper is known since with the update of Windows Creator update.