New ROGer Array

ASUS GTX 1070 OC - Potential problem/graphic bug over displayport

Hi guys,

I'm running my 1070 for 6 months now without any problem but since a few weeks I encounter a strange graphic bug as seen on the screenshots.
    If fog or a glow is displayed it looks like you can see a "grid" on it. I did not OC the card myself I just used GPU Tweak and set it to OC-Mode. GPU Bios is up to date.

After I recognized the issue I tried to reinstall the drivers, changed monitor settings and finally decided to try it over HDMI and do not encounter the problem.
    I would not mind but I only get 144hz over displayport :/

I'm thankful for every idea or help I can get.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Issue02.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	69465 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Issue01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	69466
    I hope you can see it here around the red dot the car lights and on the horizon line just between sky and water.

My specs:
    Monitor: Asus 24 L MG248Q 144Hz
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 WRAITH
    Board: GiBy GA-AB350-Gaming 3 B350
    RAM: D416GB 3200-16 Ripjaws V K2 GSK
    GPU: Asus8GB D5 GTX 1070 STRIX OC
    Power: Tt Smart Pro RGB 650W ATX23

GPUZ & GPU Tweek
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpuz.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	69467 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweak.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	69468

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Do you only encounter this problem in PUBG? Try another DP cable, and also put your card on Gaming mode to see if problems persist.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cljustin View Post
    Do you only encounter this problem in PUBG? Try another DP cable, and also put your card on Gaming mode to see if problems persist.
    Hey thank you for your reply in the first place.

No I can see the problem in many games but in PUBG it annoys me the most...

I've tried your suggestion and used another DP cable and still have the same issue but when I use HDMI the problem is not there.
    Unfortunately I need to use DP if I want to run the 144hz. The next thing I'll try is another monitor but I start to think that the problem has something to do with the
    dp ports on the card but I don't know how to verify this.

Thanks again

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

For this issue to pop up out of nowhere is quite strange.
    So you tried Gaming Mode and Silent Mode and still got the same thing? Do you remember if this happened after a specific driver?

Is your system overclocked? (processor and memory). A stable overclock may not always stay that way.

If everything was okay then the DP cable should be okay unless something happened to it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    For this issue to pop up out of nowhere is quite strange.
    So you tried Gaming Mode and Silent Mode and still got the same thing? Do you remember if this happened after a specific driver?

Is your system overclocked? (processor and memory). A stable overclock may not always stay that way.

If everything was okay then the DP cable should be okay unless something happened to it.
    Thank you for your reply in the first place.

I've tried all modes and my system is not overclocked at all.

I've just reinstalled the pc completely and it was working fine for maybe 20mins and I'm back with this anoying issue.
    Is there any way to reset the graphics card to factorysettings or anything like that? This would be my last try to fix this issue if that does not work I'll try to replace the card :/

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Does this happen at 60Hz as well over DP or just when at 144Hz? Have you tried using your previous graphics card under the same conditions?