Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 55 or CC - Blank Screen

xenon2008
Level 7
Hello!

Hello together!

I have a brand new Asus Maximus X Code MOtherboard with a brand new Intel i7-8700k CPU and a brand new Corsair Ram KIT CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (2x8GB DIMMs 3000MHZ CL15)

My Problem is, that i get only a blank Screen when i insert both DIMMS. The Q-LED Error always says "CC" oder "55".
There are many possible solutions in the Asus Forums, but nothing helps...
The DIMMS works seperatily, so i get a picture. But when i use both together i only get this Errors!
(and sometime both DIMMS works for 2-3 minutes after the PC Freezes)

I already have updated the Bios to latest Version 0802, but no improvement

I already have choose from "Auto" to "XMP" and selected the "Profile1", so that the Corsair RAMs run with 3000MHZ and 1,35V.
Without this the RAMs only runs on 2133MHZ and 1,18V, but also with 2133MHZ i get the same Errors!

I also have set the DDR4 Frequency and the Voltage manually to 3000MHZ and 1.35V but also this brings no improvement. Same Errors...

I'm totally at a loss and already despair

Can Somebody here helps me?

I hope somebody here can help me... I have payed over 1200€ and my new System wants work!

The Corsair Kit i have bought, is also on the Qualified Memory List from Asus!
I have the Version XMP 5.30 (when this helps..)

Best Regards!

Edit:

What i forgot to say... ( i need sleep sorry):

I already have tested the Maximus Tweak Mode 1 & 2 with no solution.
And as i already mentioned, each DIMM as a Single will work! So i have tested each DIMM as a Single with Memtest 86 with NO Errors!
And YES the DIMMs are correctly installed in A2 & B2 Slot.... (i am a learned Technician and have already built thousands of computers :))
And many many other possible solutions, that i have found here from others Users in this Forum!

AND Please forgive me, i am a German User with terrible English Skills :rolleyes

EDIT2:
And because i have this Problem from the beginning, since i have bought it from my Seller last Week in the "old" year i spent the last Days included the Night over to New year in the basement and test and test and search a solution.
And because New Users here must be manually activated i could not post here, before today, until my Account was activated!
So i also have opened a Thread in the Corsair User Forum:
Here the Link (if this is undesirable, please remove the link) 😮
16 REPLIES 16

meankeys
Level 13
Try loosening your mount on your cooler. This has happen to me on other boards.

meankeys wrote:
Try loosening your mount on your cooler. This has happen to me on other boards.

you mean that I screwed the backplane of the radiator too tight with the radiator?

Hi,

i have get a new Corsair RAM Kit from my Seller and have lossening my Freezer and also have removed the CPU to Check if some Pins are broken or similar..

The Pins a 100% OK! New RAM KIT same Error! So i Think it is the motherboard? or Did you mean the my i7-8700k is defective?

Best Regards

Menthol
Level 14
I believe he was referring to the Heatsink mount being over or unevenly tightened. But sometimes it is the CPU and only way to tell is if you have access to another motherboard or CPU, can you take back to seller for him to test or replace?

Since I no longer work in the end customer area, rather in the internal edv area I unfortunately have no access to another motherboard or another cpu

My Seller has now orderd a New Motherboard.... Delivery Time approximately 4 Days 😞
So i have to Wait. I dont think it is the CPU because sometimes it works for minutes and then i get no picture again, only the Errors!

'll keep you up to date 😉

EDIT:
what i have forgot to Ask :rolleyes:

Is there a BETA Bios that i can test?

UPDATE:

I have seen that Asus has bring out a new Bios Version with todays Date...
But this Version was definitely not there in the morning!

So i have updated the Bios to Version 1003! - Same Error!

New Update from today: (you see i will spent every minute with my new Hardware...):

I get from a Friend a 16GB DDr4 2133MHZ Kingston Kit with 2x8GB DIMMs for testing. And what i can see is NOTHING! Same Error no picture an this with the latest Bios Version 1003 which was released this afternoon.

So my Seller has now orderd a new replace Motherboard and i have to wait at least 3-4 Days before i get this..

I dont hope it is the i7-8700k... 😞

So i have now at this time (since days) no PC *crying*

Best Regards

meankeys
Level 13
Yes sorry about that Menthol was correct. I meant the cpu cooler to motherboard. I had a hero board that was very touchy. especially the side were the ram and power were mounted on the board.

meankeys wrote:
Yes sorry about that Menthol was correct. I meant the cpu cooler to motherboard. I had a hero board that was very touchy. especially the side were the ram and power were mounted on the board.

Good Morning!

Thank you an all for your answers 😉

@meankeys

I already has loosening the CPU Cooler a little bit, but same behavior!
And as i already mentioned, i has tested the Kingston RAM Kit from a good Friend with 2133MHZ with the same behavior!

So i really think and hope, it is the Motherboard and not the CPU.
I am now waiting for about 3-4 Workdays to get ma other new Motherboard from my Seller!

I will kipp you up to date here 😉

Best Regards

meankeys
Level 13
ok good luck

keep us posted