cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the audio quality on rog maximus x hero?

hahahha
Level 7
I am thinking of getting sound card or dac/amp combo with my dt 990 250ohm. Is it necessary to have a external dac? Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Screenbyte
Level 7
Before I installed the sortware it was okay but flat. Sadly when I installed the software it kept crashing when I tried it on my new build last week so couldn't really tell.
I was hoping to replace my SB Z but not yet it seems.

Screenbyte wrote:
Before I installed the sortware it was okay but flat. Sadly when I installed the software it kept crashing when I tried it on my new build last week so couldn't really tell.
I was hoping to replace my SB Z but not yet it seems.

Well that is unfortunate.

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
hahahha wrote:
I am thinking of getting sound card or dac/amp combo with my dt 990 250ohm. Is it necessary to have a external dac? Thanks

the audio is trash right now on the x hero
lots of crackling
un balanced sound in right ear
terible sound quality

nothign fixes it some say its nvidia conflict
aus hasnt dotn anything to fix it and there ignoring it
also the wifi x hero vrm sensor doesnt work only on the non wifi model

come on asus .......

im using a usb head set for time being
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

bass junkie xl wrote:
the audio is trash right now on the x hero
lots of crackling
un balanced sound in right ear
terible sound quality

nothign fixes it some say its nvidia conflict
aus hasnt dotn anything to fix it and there ignoring it

It isn't being ignored. The imbalance issue has been passed on to realtek. Can't post an update til we have one.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
It isn't being ignored. The imbalance issue has been passed on to realtek. Can't post an update til we have one.

thanks and sorry i was just a little earitated with the audio issue

when the audio isnt crackling it is good sonic studio and the eq level of tweaking is good
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

bass junkie xl wrote:
also the wifi x hero vrm sensor doesnt work only on the non wifi model

I have a wifi model and I don't appear to be able to monitor VRM temp in HWinfo or AIDA64 either. Sorry I know this isn't related to audio but I thought it was worth mentioning. I don't appear to have any audio issue on my X hero though.

I have disabled the Hero X sound system and have installed SBZ. Sounds much better. However, to be fair, I discovered that the problems I was having with recording was due to a software conflict (caused by something I still don't understand) that could only be fixed by starting with a clean Administrator login. I was able to transfer 99% of everything over to this new login, so I only wasted all of the time it took to communicate with ASUS and SB techs and the time I took to try and troubleshoot myself. In the end it was an unsolvable problem that no one could understand. At least I didn't have to reinstall the OS. For those that want to know exactly what I did; I created a new Administrator login, copied all of the user files (Documents, Video, AppData, etc.) and created a folder on my new desktop that contained it all. I coped all of it while in the new User account so I would have any conflicts. Then, I logged into the old again and copied the files from the new folder into their new locations in the new user locations. Once I had everything copied (have to be very careful to get everything) I logged into the new account, checked to make sure everything worked (and I could finally record again) before deleting the old account.

Deepcuts
Level 10
I am using a USB Soundcard since HERO VI and it's microphone issues. ( https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-omni-surround-5-1 )
When I bought the HERO X, I didn't even thought of leaving the integrated one enabled.
I would say it is a trend with HERO and the integrated sound.

Deepcuts
Level 10
Just for testing, I enabled the onboard audio and disabled my external USB one.
Daaaaamn. Asus really messed up with the audio on this one.
Was just watching a documentary named Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware where they praise the fast development and production times on hardware in Shenzhen.
Testing and debugging time is a big NoNo in order to achieve the above mentioned time frames, me thinks. And it shows.