cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build z370-e Gaming motherboard issues

presidentsdad
Level 7
Hey all...
Got a couple of issues with my new ROG STRIX Z370-e Gaming motherboard. I have an Asus STRIX GTX750ti OC 2GB graphics card in the PCI-e top slot and the BIOS (v 0605) will not recognize the card and display to it. This card works just fine in my other Asus system (P8Z77-V LE motherboard). I've tried forcing the BIOS to use PCI-e but that only works for the next boot. If the computer sleeps or something like that, it will not POST. I have all of the latest drivers for everything, chipset, motherboard, graphics card, etc. This is my second motherboard, but I think that maybe this card is just not compatible?? Is it just too old or something? Need some advice here please...

Other issue: The onboard graphics do work, but if the monitor goes to sleep, then it resizes all of the windows upon wake up. It'a giant PITA and I'd like to fix this. Thoughts?

Windows 10 system
Core i5-8600k processor
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming motherboard
Asus STRIX GTX750ti OC 2GB video card, using Displayport to Samsung 4k monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 PC3000 memory
Boot drive - Samsung EVO 850 250GB SATA SSD
Data Drive - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SATA SSD
Backup Drive - Seagate Barracude 4TB SATA HDD
9 REPLIES 9

presidentsdad
Level 7
Mainly looking for opinions on my situation. I'm willing to purchase a new graphics card if y'all think that'll fix my problems. 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
First I would check ASUS support site for a bios update for your GPU
Do you have multi monitor support enabled in the bios, do you have another monitor connected to the on die GPU?

Thanks Menthol....I could find something on Asus's support site that said something specific about GPU BIOS...does GPU Tweak flash/update that?

I checked, no vBIOS update available. Multiple monitors is not on. I had it plugged into just the GTX750ti card and it would not post (btw...this card works fine in my other PC), onboard graphics does work though. Forcing it to PCI-e works for one boot, but if the computer goes to sleep it will not come back up with the card installed. Very frustrating.

presidentsdad wrote:
I checked, no vBIOS update available. Multiple monitors is not on. I had it plugged into just the GTX750ti card and it would not post (btw...this card works fine in my other PC), onboard graphics does work though. Forcing it to PCI-e works for one boot, but if the computer goes to sleep it will not come back up with the card installed. Very frustrating.

Device
Device Mngr.> Advanced\System Agent config.> Graphics Config.> Primary Display AUTO. iGPU Multi Monitor> ENABLE. This should give your GPU ports (HDMI/DP) and motherboard (HDMI/DP) ability to display from either, but must use only one or the other (GPU card or motherboard graphics one at a time.). Also Advanced CPU\SW Guard Ext. (SGX)> software controlled (if you are running Cyberlink Power DVD 17 Ultra) OR SGX> ENABLE.

Menthol
Level 14
I have a ASUS 750, it doesn't have Display Port output, I just installed on a M X Apex using HDMI, will test it

Menthol
Level 14
No problem here resuming form sleep

Have you tried going into Windows power plan, advanced, PCI Express, disable power link state power management, there is also a similar setting in the bios but I believe it is off by default

Have not tried that, but I will. Also went and bought a new card too. Hopefully one of these will work.

Menthol
Level 14
Power saving settings have caused similar resume from sleep issues for me in the past is why I disable them, sometimes disabling C-states in bios helps resolve these
Please post back with your results, thanks