cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0d - Crosshair Vi Hero - bios 3008

TheStayHomeDad
Level 7
I can’t figure out how to fix this. I’ve done everything I’ve found online.

This issue occurred after I did the online bios update.

Anybody help?!*
6 REPLIES 6

m0nt3
Level 7
TheStayHomeDad wrote:
I can’t figure out how to fix this. I’ve done everything I’ve found online.

This issue occurred after I did the online bios update.

Anybody help?!*

Clearing the CMOS work disconnecting power from PSU will get me booting again, but I consistently have the 0d boot problem. I RMA my CPU got a new one, same thing, my second crosshair vi board, same thing, 3 different RAM kits. My solution, bought a new board. I tried RMA my board to asus, but they couldnt reproduce the error and sent back, so now I have a $250 paper weight. I bought the Asrock Killer Sli/ac, no more problems, boots every time. This board is a POS.

Was any setting in the bios changed after flashing or this is what resulted immediately after?

What can be tried is clearing the CMOS with the green button the back panel. Then turn off the PSU. When the lights on the board go out pull the coin battery ad leave it out for a few minutes. If after everything has been put back together and 0d still is the result, flash the bios again but this time use the flashback button method. The explanation for it is in the board's manual.

Clouseau wrote:
Was any setting in the bios changed after flashing or this is what resulted immediately after?

What can be tried is clearing the CMOS with the green button the back panel. Then turn off the PSU. When the lights on the board go out pull the coin battery ad leave it out for a few minutes. If after everything has been put back together and 0d still is the result, flash the bios again but this time use the flashback button method. The explanation for it is in the board's manual.

That usually works, until the next time the board hangs on 0d. then rinse and repeat. When the 0d hang happens its random. After so many times its annoying, it why I never shutdown or restarted my computer unless I had to. OP milage may be different, but I doubt it.

AfterShock
Level 9

I also have random boot issues. Mine is a preorder board so ive had almost every bios since release. Including betas and test builds posted here or on overclock.net by elmor. I havent tested 6002 yet.

If i shut down the computer and somtimes even on a ordinary reboot it can get stuck on 0d or code 8.

When it gets stuck on 0d it usualy also shows the bios splash screen and stops there. No matter how long i leave it on it will still be frozen on bios screen so its not just slow at posting sometimes.

Have to reset or shut down and start again a few times to get it to boot. Sometimes i have to turn of power on the psu and then on again for it to boot. It does the dram retrain for a few times and it works. It never does the dram retrain when it gets stuck on 0d and the safe button does not work i have to force this by turning off psu power and on again and then boot.

The board will always boot on stock settings its only when i try to run my ram above 2666 that this issue happens. I have tried so many settings and like 5 different ram kits but this issue still can happen at random. Have ofcourse tried running with as few things plugged in as possible, different gpus etc.

Fanskap wrote:

Mine is, and has been, exactly the same bar that I get problems at 2400mhz.

Anything at all out there? Coming up on a year of this thing ALMOST working...