cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update chipset drivers in Win 10/64 Asus Maximus IX Hero

Despotes
Level 7
Any tips on installing chipset drivers(10.1.1.45)? I ran the .exe, everything appeared to go w/o a hitch "Installation successful", but the driver version is still the old one. Tried manually updating drivers in device manager, but no go Auto/ Manual... Tried safemode, but get an error running the .exe. The MEI and audio drivers updated fine, but the chipset drivers are being a PITA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\INFInst shows 10.1.1.45 which is the latest. Does that mean the correct driver was installed despite what Device Manager/Driver Details is showing me (10.1.1.38)?
13 REPLIES 13

Menthol
Level 14
If installation completed without a warning you are probably good, you could always click on the installer of the earlier version, if it says are you sure you want to install an earlier version you know your good

Chino
Level 15

no1yak
Level 8
If you want to be sure that everything is installed then do this:- Setupchipset.exe - overall from the elevated CMD prompt.

no1yak wrote:
If you want to be sure that everything is installed then do this:- Setupchipset.exe - overall from the elevated CMD prompt.

It deosn't recognize the prompt. C:\Users\Scott>-setupchipset.exe-overall
'-setupchipset.exe-overall' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What am I doing wrong?

Version 11.7.0.1045 Management Engine installation have problem too....

I am using Z270-K Board.

joseph_lai
Level 7
Despotes wrote:
Any tips on installing chipset drivers(10.1.1.45)? I ran the .exe, everything appeared to go w/o a hitch "Installation successful", but the driver version is still the old one. Tried manually updating drivers in device manager, but no go Auto/ Manual... Tried safemode, but get an error running the .exe. The MEI and audio drivers updated fine, but the chipset drivers are being a PITA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\INFInst shows 10.1.1.45 which is the latest. Does that mean the correct driver was installed despite what Device Manager/Driver Details is showing me (10.1.1.38)?

Same...
and the date is 3/10/2016

JoergH
Level 7
The right command is

Setupchipset.exe -overall

I'm experiencing the same issue here, did anyone get the latest working/confirmed?f

JoergH wrote:
The right command is

Setupchipset.exe -overall

SetupChipset.exe -overall worked. Driver Date now says 1969 haha