Power SupplyEVGA G2 850W
    Keyboard Razer 2015
    Mouse Razer 2015
    Headset Walmart headset
    Mouse Pad N/A
    Headset/Speakers LogicTech $30 speaker from Walmart
    OS Windows 10 64 bit

Angry

Where is the Intel 4th gen Haswell firmware and BIOS for Maximus VII Hero Z97?!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array zocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by restsugavan View Post
    According to lastest microcode update March 6, 2018 . Greeting to everyone Intel already fixed Sandy Bridge line cpus to Coffeelake already check the link for lastest microcode. You could use UBU Tools to update your exist last BIOS version of your boards since
    Sandy Bridge age to Coffeelake easily to create your board modded BIOS with new microcode that patch Spectre and Meltdown then
    Trying flash back method to bypass ASUS security check binary on BIOS. Then you’ll get the Spectre free at last.*

Intel lastest microcode guidance *

*https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-conten...e-guidance.pdf
    What means Production Status: Production (Green)?!

Is it still in Production?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by zocker View Post
    What means Production Status: Production (Green)?!

Is it still in Production?
    My understanding is that it's good to go, as far as Intel is concerned.
    That being said, MOBO manufacturers probably want to do their own testing after incorporating the new microcode into their BIOSs - especially after what happened with the first microcode patch in January, and the "higher than expected reboots"...

Anyway, I would expect updated BIOSes to start rolling out before the end of the month.
    A resolution to this issue is long overdue already.

ROG Member Array

Question ¿¿¿sabertooth z97 mark 1 update???

Does anyone know if ASUS is going to launch a BIOS update or if Microsoft will do it for the SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 motherboard? Already Intel released his patch for Haswell but nothing that is reflected in the downloads section. when could it be available?

New ROGer Array Hank Riker PC Specs
    Hank Riker PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Not Applicable
    MotherboardAsus ROG Rampage V Extreme/U3.1
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5960X
    Memory (part number)128GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR 2800
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2GeForce GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardNone
    MonitorHP ZR30w 30" x 3
    Storage #1Intel 750 Series AIC 1.2TB NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black 6TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-C14S 140mm
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Titanium
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300
    Headset Sennheiser PC 350 Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries 6301SS Pad
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 LG Black 16x Blu-Ray BDXL
    Accessory #2 Nvidia High-Bandwidth SLI adapter

Looking at the Intel document, I see that they are showing the update in production for the Rampage V Extreme, with the Haswell Server E, EP, EP4S CPUID#306F2.

I hope that ASUS understands that there are a lot of enthusiasts that have chosen ASUS hardware based on criteria including BIOS/UEFI patches that enhance or fix outstanding issues.

Personally, I have built two systems on that motherboard, but have assembled nearly a dozen more flavors for myself and fellow enthusiasts. I personally put over USD$8000 based on that motherboard and CPU into my last pair of systems, not including the video cards or other peripherals.

I really hope ASUS is monitoring these forums and understands that there are other motherboard manufacturers that have issued or are planning to issue UEFI updates to deal with the Spectre issue on the same CPU/Platform, and I will be looking to them for my own systems, those I build, and those I recommend going forwards.

I also have a pair of Rampage II Extreme boards that will probably never receive patches, which at least at this point is due to Intel not issuing microcode. All in all, a very dissatisfying experience.

ROG Member Array

ASUS - greatest aftersale support ever!

It's interesting to see that ASUS doesn't react and/or publishes updates regarding this security flaws.

My cheap ass Asrock boards got an update (J3455-ITX), my GA-B150N Wifi board got an update, my Thinkpad X250 got an update and till end of march my ancient X220 will also receive one. Intel published updates way back to the core2 generation cpus so with some tinkering I can update my T400 too.

But on the other hand my ASUS X99-A and my X555LD still lacks any news or updates. But this really helps me in the future because I'll never buy again any ASUS product what means no more ASUS bords, laptops or routers.

ROG Member Array

I doubt Asus monitors these forums. I certainly never see them responding to questions or other posts to add any value to the forums they created. I'm also planning to switch away from Asus. Paid a premium for ROG hardware but the brand has not lived up to the hype. The microcode update for my Kaby Lake CPU has been released by Intel since ~Jan and Asus has been showing a presumably dev/internal BIOS version for it (that doesn't exist in production on their website) for the past ~2 months. Understand that they wanted it to be well tested before they release it, but why have so many other manufacturers been able to do it without a problem? Why pay a premium for hardware that has bad support?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ferrugia View Post
    I doubt Asus monitors these forums.
    There are a few ASUS employees that post on this forum but they have other job duties. That is not the purpose of this forum. It's a place for ROG customers to communicate with each other, not intended as a place for ASUS & customers to communicate.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    There are a few ASUS employees that post on this forum but they have other job duties. That is not the purpose of this forum. It's a place for ROG customers to communicate with each other, not intended as a place for ASUS & customers to communicate.
    After more than 2 months no news or updates for your ROG/HEDT X99 platform. Pretty busy employees? Otherwise I honestly doubt that ASUS employees really care about their customers at all. But hey we all learned about ASUS good reputation regarding customer support. Congratulations.

https://www.asus.com/News/YQ3Cr4OYKdZTwnQK
    https://www.asus.com/News/V5urzYAT6myCC1o2

No one would complain if ASUS would spread some news and keeps us informed. Intel has updated almost all chips of the last decade so it's time to deliver. But that's okay so ASROCK/EVGA/GIGABYTE/MSI... shut up and take my money.
    Last edited by impertinent; 03-14-2018 at 10:11 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array IT Troll PC Specs
    IT Troll PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Gene Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE
    MonitorLG 32UD99
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseSilverstone Temjin TJ08B-E
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G403
    OS Win 10 Pro x64

The fixes were somewhat delayed because of stability concerns over Intel's microcode. However, production microcode has been available from Intel for some time now. It is quite damning that the above articles are the only official public communication we have had from Asus. No follow-up information, no revised release dates, and no production BIOS updates.

Asus are already under "special measures" for not releasing router updates in a timely manner and not keeping their customers informed about security risks.
    https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...d-services-put

Come Asus, it's time to produce the goods.

Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast