Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by raximus21 View Post
    I just updated my Maximus VII Hero to 3503 and now I am passing all speculation control tests in powershell!

Thank you Asus! All you guys ever had to do was tell us that you would patch it eventually and I think all the negative response on here could have been avoided!

Anyways, I really appreciate it and will continue to support Asus in my next upgrade!
    You really think Asus would have supllied us after several months without an ongoing ****storm about their incredible awful aftersale support?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by impertinent View Post
    You really think Asus would have supllied us after several months without an ongoing ****storm about their incredible awful aftersale support?
    Yup.

Big corporations don't change direction on a dime. It takes time for them to follow all of their bureaucracy and validations. It's not right but that's the way it is. It's extremely unlikely this thread in a corner of the Internet had any meaningful impact on the decision whether to validate and push out updates. If ASUS was concerned about this thread don't you think it would have issued a statement? It would have been nice to have more information about the progress for sure. It would also be nice to know what else is still in the pipe and if any boards are not going to get an update at all. So far the phone reps seem to be relaying mixed signals.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array WastedJoker PC Specs
    WastedJoker PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VII
    ProcessorIntel 4790K
    Memory (part number)CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G
    MonitorDell U2515H
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO
    Storage #2WD Velociraptor 250GB
    CPU CoolerKraken X61
    CaseFractal Design R5 Black

Hi all,

I'll soon be updating my bios to the latest beta to fix the spectre exploit but before i do, I have a quick question: Will a bios update reset all my settings to default and, if so, can I save those settings? I've got some changes in my bios settings which are crucual for my water cooling setup etc.

ROG Member Array Thunder-74 PC Specs
    Thunder-74 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Ranger VII
    Processori7 4790k
    Memory (part number)16 Gb Corsair 2400Mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980ti Strix Liquid EKWB
    Graphics Card #2GTX 980ti Strix Liquid EKWB
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorDell 34" U3415W 21:9 Curved
    Storage #11 SSD Sandisk 960Gb - 2 SSD Sandisk 256Gb
    Storage #21 SHDD Seagate 4Tb - 2 HDD Maxtor 2Tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110
    CaseNZXT Phantom 630
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1000w P2
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Tritton AX PRO 5.1 / Astro Gaming A50
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-LINK Archer D7
    Accessory #1 Custom Loop XSPC RX480v3/Alphacool XT45 240 - Vardar F4-120ER - D5 Revo PWM - WB VGA EKWB

Quote Originally Posted by WastedJoker View Post
    Hi all,

I'll soon be updating my bios to the latest beta to fix the spectre exploit but before i do, I have a quick question: Will a bios update reset all my settings to default and, if so, can I save those settings? I've got some changes in my bios settings which are crucual for my water cooling setup etc.
    unfortunately you lose all the settings and you can not save them. take photos with your phone ...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Yup.

Big corporations don't change direction on a dime. It takes time for them to follow all of their bureaucracy and validations. It's not right but that's the way it is. It's extremely unlikely this thread in a corner of the Internet had any meaningful impact on the decision whether to validate and push out updates. If ASUS was concerned about this thread don't you think it would have issued a statement? It would have been nice to have more information about the progress for sure. It would also be nice to know what else is still in the pipe and if any boards are not going to get an update at all. So far the phone reps seem to be relaying mixed signals.
    all it takes is one person to start a bush fire.

And we seen how fast things can spread........

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, LG 55LM5800
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse RAZER BASILISK
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U

Has anyone ever had any success with Asus support. I have opened a ticket before and it was the most ridiculous experience Ive ever had with a company. They ask questions that dont even pertain to the issue, then they just troubleshoot in circles and ask the same thing over and over.
    I felt as if they thought it was a big joke, like they were just messin with me.
    100% useless!
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ HL SR2 360MP & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Quote Originally Posted by Chok_Ice View Post
    all it takes is one person to start a bush fire.

And we seen how fast things can spread........
    That's a colorful sentiment but I'm not sure it's accurate here. I would like to disabuse people of the notion that vitriol expressed here is somehow justified or useful. This is a user-to-user forum so ASUS does not have a strong presence here and does not consult with us on policy decisions. The only thing you will accomplish by setting fires here is making it an unpleasant place for other innocent users. You will not get the attention of the mothership or change the direction of a multi-billion dollar company. If you want that, get an article in a major newspaper and see how fast things change.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset but I've been here many years and no angry campaign has ever accomplished anything. So absolutely people should express frustration and we can commiserate together but please refrain from trolling, flaming, bombastic legal threats, etc. It only hurts the community here pointlessly.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    That's a colorful sentiment but I'm not sure it's accurate here. I would like to disabuse people of the notion that vitriol expressed here is somehow justified or useful. This is a user-to-user forum so ASUS does not have a strong presence here and does not consult with us on policy decisions. The only thing you will accomplish by setting fires here is making it an unpleasant place for other innocent users. You will not get the attention of the mothership or change the direction of a multi-billion dollar company. If you want that, get an article in a major newspaper and see how fast things change.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset but I've been here many years and no angry campaign has ever accomplished anything. So absolutely people should express frustration and we can commiserate together but please refrain from trolling, flaming, bombastic legal threats, etc. It only hurts the community here pointlessly.

You have posted similar comments in various other threads. Maybe you should take your own advice. I don't understand your motivation as most of the posts you have replied to aren't trolling, flaming, or making threats. They are simply pointing out that Asus ROG is marketing itself as a premium brand with high price point but this isn't matched in their support or communication with their customers. Consequently they are disappointed and some have expressed a desire to no longer invest in Asus products. No one has said they expect the CEO of Asus to come respond to all these messages and offer an apology. But this site is a user forum and this is a free country, people can say what they want. If that somehow makes you feel uncomfortable or unpleasant then that's your issue not ours.

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Quote Originally Posted by ferrugia View Post
    You have posted similar comments in various other threads. Maybe you should take your own advice. I don't understand your motivation as most of the posts you have replied to aren't trolling, flaming, or making threats. They are simply pointing out that Asus ROG is marketing itself as a premium brand with high price point but this isn't matched in their support or communication with their customers. Consequently they are disappointed and some have expressed a desire to no longer invest in Asus products. No one has said they expect the CEO of Asus to come respond to all these messages and offer an apology. But this site is a user forum and this is a free country, people can say what they want. If that somehow makes you feel uncomfortable or unpleasant then that's your issue not ours.
    First, let me clarify that neither impertinent or Chok_Ice's posts were objectionable. The reason I replied to them is because they were claiming a benefit to the rage and shouting.

My original reply was to impertinent who said the only reason a patch was released was because of a storm of angry posters. That's wrong and that misconception has lead people to post some nasty things because they think it will get them attention. So no those two were not saying there is a mismatch between marketing and support; they were saying flaming and trolling is productive. You probably haven't seen the worst stuff now and over the years because we deleted it and in some cases we've had to ban users that got out of hand. Some of it has even been overtly racist and that has no place here.

I fully agree that communication has been and still is poor to non-existent on this issue and it's a travesty of customer service. If I had any say things would be different. And if that's all anyone was saying I wouldn't even care. The reason I do care is because it's my job as moderator to keep the peace and it's the expletive laced rants that make that job more difficult. Every time I see someone post something over the line I agonize over whether to let it stand. I want everyone to be able to speak their mind but contrary to your statement this is a private forum and not protected by US free speech laws. Freedom of speech protects you from the US government, not private entities. If a post is harmful to the community ASUS has every right to delete it or expect volunteer moderators to do so.

But you're right, the irony of my advice is not lost on me. Asking Internet users to converse civilly is pretty much in vain. It's just that I hate having to scold and ban people so occasionally I try to correct misconceptions in the hope that people will behave better and I won't have to do my job. Maybe if people realize they won't reach ASUS by raging they won't. Silly, I know, but I can't help but try.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SumTingWong View Post
    That is for 6th, 7th, and 8th gen CPU. 4th gen and below requires a BIOS update. ASUS will not going to patch all Z87, Z97, and X99 boards. So if you have a 4th gen board(Z87, Z97, or X99), you are not protected against Spectre unless you BIOS mod yourself or wait for ASUS to release a dam BIOS.

I have a 4th gen Z97 board from ASUS, and I can tell you that I am not protected against Spectre at all without the BIOS.
    Where did you read that?
    I heard Microsoft is patching Windows with all the microcodes available from Intal, meaning, as of now, up to Sandy Bridge.
    Am I wrong?

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast