Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Kington HyperX Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine HD6
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900ACS
    Accessory #1 HTC Vive (1st gen)

Quote Originally Posted by Chok_Ice View Post
    is this why my gaming performance is stuttering sometimes?
    the guys over at intel reddit say microsoft patched my cpu
    I suppose it is possible if, while you're playing a game, some driver not fit for use in a multitasking environment is running in the background making oodles of read/write accesses to fast, non volatile storage. Otherwise, no.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mscaf View Post

Hey Kristoffer,

Thanks for the update. I do not consider this an acceptable solution. The Asus warranty states ASUS warrants Motherboard (Products) excluding (free) bundled accessories that may be delivered together with the Product, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 36 or 60 month(s) depending on your specific model - the BIOS is defective as determined by Intel, who has supplied ASUS with the appropriate microcode to remedy the defective microcode. EVGA, Gigabyte, Asrock and others are providing updated BIOSes for their Z97 motherboards, and I consider it morally reprehensible and in violation of the warranty for ASUS to not do the same.
    I understand you are no longer able to assist with this issue, so please forward me to the appropriate department or individual who can remedy the situation.
    Thank you.

ASUS can provide a motherboard patch or everyone I know for the rest of time will be reminded of how ASUS went out of their way to not stand by their products. I don't know why ASUS has decided this is a great way to lose customers, but I will devote every opportunity I'm given to take money from their pockets. #### this company. I get I can roll my own BIOS. That should not be required. This multi-billion dollar company should stand behind it's $300 motherboards. I'm going to enjoy telling my purchasing manager to cancel all ASUS orders and find a different vendor.

The nerve of this guy... He actually expects ASUS to honor their legally binding warranty... Laughable, laughable I say!

Recently, their attitude has been "You say you have a problem with our product that's still under warranty? Go fix it yourself, fool! We already got your money, so it's not our problem anymore."

They had the exact same attitude with their routers back in 2016, when they simply refused to provide any fixes for the very serious vulnerabilities in the firmware of their consumer-grade routers. Despite the fact that the issues had been well documented by numerous third-parties, Asus' attitude was "yeah... that's not really an issue for us. Maybe it is for you, the users, but who cares about you anyway?"
    Eventually enough people filed complaints against them, and the result was that the FTC stepped in and took action against ASUS:
    https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...s-privacy-case

And now they have the exact same attitude with their motherboards.

Well, lesson learned.
    I doubt that anyone who's paying attention will be buying any Asus product again anytime soon.
    I know I won't.

ROG Enthusiast Array corndog1836 PC Specs
    corndog1836 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Formula VII
    Processor4790k@4.7Ghz
    Memory (part number)Trident X 2400 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA FTW3 1080TI 2012MHZ ek block
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1750GB 840 EVO SSD
    Storage #24TB Seagate 7200RPM hhd
    CPU Cooler480 RAD 360 RAD CUSTOM LOOP
    CaseHAF X Cooler Master
    Power Supply1250w Seasonic X series
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate Razor
    Mouse Black Widow Chroma Razor CHROMA
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming XL
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia THX
    OS WINDOWS 10 CREATORS 1709

herpa derp derp...ME NEITHER!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

(regarding comment nr. 152: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1653456)

Received Tue, Apr 17, 2018 from Asus Support:

Dear Asus Valued Customer,
    Regarding the below described case, we kindly inform you that the responsible department of our HQ is informed about this issue and currently examining the possibility of a new BIOS release update.
    Furthermore, we would like to inform you that at the moment, Asus officially will release vulnerability fixes only for 6th, 7th and 8th generation processors.
    We invite you to check Asus website periodically in order for new BIOS update releases and latest information about the subject.

https://www.asus.com/News/YQ3Cr4OYKdZTwnQK
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1034979

Furthermore, we kindly inform you that we do not have any further information regarding the possibility of new BIOS update release containing a fix/patch for ELAN touchpad and we would also like to inform you that your product has not been officially tested by Asus with any OS other than Windows OS.
    In case you are not satisfied by our reply above, please inform us accordingly before filling the satisfaction form.
    In case you are satisfied by our reply above, we invite you to select 9 or 10 as a positive evaluation.
    Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlanW View Post
    I have updated my Maximus VII Hero with a 4790k using the instructions in this post.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...633#post700633

This post applies to our boards as well, it now passes the spectre test and haven't noticed any issues with system performance on windows 10.
    hi, possible upload your bios ? my not work for fix bios :/ y have m7h+4790k

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, LG 55LM5800
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse RAZER BASILISK
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U

Still no bios update for Z270 maximus ix formula! This is unaceptable, it is definately not taking Asus this long to test the microcode sent to them from Intel (which by the way was already tested). I too am tired of Asus' excuses and lack of communication on this matter.
    I have already had to ban Corsair products cause their decision to not warranty their products & poor customer service and now I hear EVGA's excellent customer service is turning to ****. Everyone knows Asus' customer service is crap but this is the last straw. I too am fed up and done with Asus. What is going on with all these companies lately that fail to keep their paying customers happy? Its one thing to overcharge for your products but if you cant honor your warranties and keep software up to date whats the point?
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ HL SR2 360MP & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

I officialy decide not to read any more about Security bug, I can't remember when I was so angry when I heared about news.
    But than I figure out... Nothing change compare to previous years, only now we now that we are vulnerable.
    I don't wait any BIOS update and don't ask nothing for my motherboard and on first place I will not read any more news and unscubscribe for every topic connected with Security Bug.
    You will see how you made mistake losing time and reading about some fixes, waiting them, etc...

I can't belive that ASUS is behind ASRock and MSI example in something... and on first place if that happen I first suspect that ASUS have reason why they still didn't make some moves. Special if we talk about motherboard section and motherboard BIOS.
    Last edited by Vlada011; 04-19-2018 at 05:09 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Axle Grease PC Specs
    Axle Grease PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme w/ BIOS 3801
    ProcessorIntel i7-5960X
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 1.92TB (NVMe)
    Storage #22 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H110
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAntec HCP-1300 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Silent switches
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Kington HyperX Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine HD6
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900ACS
    Accessory #1 HTC Vive (1st gen)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    I officialy decide not to read any more about Security bug, I can't remember when I was so angry when I heared about news.
    But than I figure out... Nothing change compare to previous years, only now we now that we are vulnerable.
    I don't wait any BIOS update and don't ask nothing for my motherboard and on first place I will not read any more news and unscubscribe for every topic connected with Security Bug.
    You will see how you made mistake losing time and reading about some fixes, waiting them, etc...

I can't belive that ASUS is behind ASRock and MSI example in something... and on first place if that happen I first suspect that ASUS have reason why they still didn't make some moves. Special if we talk about motherboard section and motherboard BIOS.
    If you had an X99 based MSI mobo, you'd still be screwed. The latest BIOSes are all from 2016. On the positive side, I expect they'd be very stable motherboards to not require further updates since then.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post

Of course there's a difference now. There's a known exploit with example code. Security through obscurity works up until the moment it isn't obscure anymore.

Wrapping your head in a towel doesn't really keep the ravenous bugblatter beast away.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by IT Troll View Post
    Could be if it wasn’t doing it before. It is possible to disable the mitigations with a registry settting to test performance without protection.*
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...tive-execution*
    Why arent asus updating ?

anyway looks like ill have to install linux, i been meaning to do this for open gl anyway

how can i find out if microsoft have patched my microcode, im running windows insider so its possible they have already

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast