Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Quote Originally Posted by Chok_Ice View Post
    ... looks like ill have to install linux, i been meaning to do this for open gl anyway
    OpenGL has (almost) always played second fiddle to DirectX. OGL4.6 is certainly inferior to DX12, in any case. And, sadly, most (WinOS-based) game engines bolt on OGL as a helpful compatibility afterthought, they're optimized for DX ... which further disfavours their OGL performance and quality. All that being said, OGL ain't all that bad either, unless you're the sort who demands leet raw fps at ultra settings on your 4K 165Hz monitor, lol.

But ... now we also have Vulkan! Not many games natively support it, yet. But it's "preferred" by Steam and it's even starting to gain favour with Android devs (not sure exactly why, but probably because they're locked out of DX and deem OGL a little too weak/clunky) ... so I anticipate Vulkan gaining traction in upcoming years (especially if a new Playstation comes out with embedded AMD hardware, or it Microsoft breaks Windows/DirectX again with another epic fail core update, etc). Vulkan is fully supported in linux (and Windows), of course, for those game titles which make use of it.
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

ROG Member Array

And still no word if there is going to be an update to Z97 bios even though we know Intel put out the updated code to their partners nearly three weeks ago. I'm still waiting on yes or no not a when.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    OpenGL has (almost) always played second fiddle to DirectX. OGL4.6 is certainly inferior to DX12, in any case. And, sadly, most (WinOS-based) game engines bolt on OGL as a helpful compatibility afterthought, they're optimized for DX ... which further disfavours their OGL performance and quality. All that being said, OGL ain't all that bad either, unless you're the sort who demands leet raw fps at ultra settings on your 4K 165Hz monitor, lol.

But ... now we also have Vulkan! Not many games natively support it, yet. But it's "preferred" by Steam and it's even starting to gain favour with Android devs (not sure exactly why, but probably because they're locked out of DX and deem OGL a little too weak/clunky) ... so I anticipate Vulkan gaining traction in upcoming years (especially if a new Playstation comes out with embedded AMD hardware, or it Microsoft breaks Windows/DirectX again with another epic fail core update, etc). Vulkan is fully supported in linux (and Windows), of course, for those game titles which make use of it.
    Yeah i know what you mean,but because im running RADEON, their open gl windows drivers have toomuch overhead

so for me to run PS2 EMULATION (works best in opengl) i need linux

and i can update my unkles sandybridge i5-2310 at the same time i do my haswell-e chip too

so im killing like 3 stones with 1 bird

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Axle Grease PC Specs
    Axle Grease PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme w/ BIOS 3801
    ProcessorIntel i7-5960X
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 1.92TB (NVMe)
    Storage #22 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H110
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAntec HCP-1300 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Silent switches
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Kington HyperX Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine HD6
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900ACS
    Accessory #1 HTC Vive (1st gen)

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickScot View Post
    And still no word if there is going to be an update to Z97 bios even though we know Intel put out the updated code to their partners nearly three weeks ago. I'm still waiting on yes or no not a when.
    Very likely a YES. https://www.asus.com/News/V5urzYAT6myCC1o2
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

ROG Enthusiast Array corndog1836 PC Specs
    corndog1836 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Formula VII
    Processor4790k@4.7Ghz
    Memory (part number)Trident X 2400 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA FTW3 1080TI 2012MHZ ek block
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1750GB 840 EVO SSD
    Storage #24TB Seagate 7200RPM hhd
    CPU Cooler480 RAD 360 RAD CUSTOM LOOP
    CaseHAF X Cooler Master
    Power Supply1250w Seasonic X series
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate Razor
    Mouse Black Widow Chroma Razor CHROMA
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming XL
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia THX
    OS WINDOWS 10 CREATORS 1709

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Grease View Post
    this link has a date of 1-5-2018 and Z97 maximus formula vii shows 3503 bios would be the updated microcode bios for mitigating spectre 2 variant, however, you cannot download from ASUS website, nor can i find it anywhere .... 3003 is the latest bios as of today on Asus product support website..... of course, you already know I have updates my mobo manually though...
    Last edited by corndog1836; 04-22-2018 at 10:24 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by corndog1836 View Post
    this link has a date of 1-5-2018 and Z97 maximus formula vii shows 3503 bios would be the updated microcode bios for mitigating spectre 2 variant, however, you cannot download from ASUS website, nor can i find it anywhere .... 3003 is the latest bios as of today on Asus product support website..... of course, you already know I have updates my mobo manually though...
    same, apparently they issued a new bios for my motherboard, but i went on the download page and its not there

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chok_Ice View Post
    same, apparently they issued a new bios for my motherboard, but i went on the download page and its not there

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...re-BIOS-Update

They did the same with my board -- listed in their PR release that there was an update with the fix, "Version 1001", but for two months after that was posted the download page showed no updates. Finally a version 1006 shows up with the fixes more than two months later at the end of March. Bush league communication on the part of Asus, referencing internal/dev versions that don't even exist (and may never exist as release versions) in PR releases.

ROG Member Array

Their support has literally told me upteen times that there will never be a BIOS for my Sabertooth Mark S and now there is one listed but not available for download.

I'm at least happy they're issuing one, hopefully, maybe. They've got a ways to go to get off my "never buy from, never have my company buy from, and tell everyone I know to never buy from them ever again" but if this BIOS shows up it'd sure help.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mscaf View Post
    Their support has literally told me upteen times that there will never be a BIOS for my Sabertooth Mark S and now there is one listed but not available for download.

I'm at least happy they're issuing one, hopefully, maybe. They've got a ways to go to get off my "never buy from, never have my company buy from, and tell everyone I know to never buy from them ever again" but if this BIOS shows up it'd sure help.
    i think they have it there, to let us all know one is coming

they really should update all the way down to sandybridge,, as far as i know, sandy/skylake seems to be the most popular bases

iv noticed on far cry 5 i get allot off stutter,but i saw some guy with a titan xp (same 5820k as me) and he gets stutter too, but he isnt protected against spectre. so maybe its a game thing

he has 32gb ram, i have 8

hay , anyone here know where i can get DDR4 2GB dimms from?

or will i have to go SODIMM and use an adaptor, i wanna make the most off my quad channel bandwidth, and with my fury x 4096bit buss, it should be so seksey

fitting 64gb in my system, i wont ever get close to maxing my bandwidth

windows dont spread the load across dimms
    Last edited by Chok_Ice; 04-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ferrugia View Post
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...re-BIOS-Update

They did the same with my board -- listed in their PR release that there was an update with the fix, "Version 1001", but for two months after that was posted the download page showed no updates. Finally a version 1006 shows up with the fixes more than two months later at the end of March. Bush league communication on the part of Asus, referencing internal/dev versions that don't even exist (and may never exist as release versions) in PR releases.
    hay check your pm, i dont wanna say it here because iff i say it in public, the asus guys will change it

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast