Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    That's a colorful sentiment but I'm not sure it's accurate here. I would like to disabuse people of the notion that vitriol expressed here is somehow justified or useful. This is a user-to-user forum so ASUS does not have a strong presence here and does not consult with us on policy decisions. The only thing you will accomplish by setting fires here is making it an unpleasant place for other innocent users. You will not get the attention of the mothership or change the direction of a multi-billion dollar company. If you want that, get an article in a major newspaper and see how fast things change.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset but I've been here many years and no angry campaign has ever accomplished anything. So absolutely people should express frustration and we can commiserate together but please refrain from trolling, flaming, bombastic legal threats, etc. It only hurts the community here pointlessly.
    o yeah , im not trying to start fights here, but i know off things that have been said else where
    Still , with GPP happening, there is a huge shift going on right now in the industry, and it all starts with the enthusiast and eventually filters down, you really shouldn't be giving uss more fuel to add to the fire...

I have been an asus only customer for a longggg time, but put it this way, you went out off your way to persuade me to not start a bush fire, yet kept us in the dark for nearly 70 pages off a thread

Thats not good customer service, and all off us customers? we pay your wage....

If you arent giving us the service we pay for? There are alternative ways we can go about getting them

This isnt our fault..... Put yourself in our shoes

If i told 17 people, yes, only 17 people, that american airlines is the best airliner, and they went and told 17 people each, and each of the 17 people went and told 17 people.. around 17 stages into this, the whole world would have herd that "american airlines is the best airliner"

All it takes is 1 PERSON
    Last edited by Chok_Ice; 05-03-2018 at 07:01 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array panzlock PC Specs
    panzlock PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS X553M, ASUS Zenpad 10 Z300M, ASUS X542BA-DH99
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68-V LX, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i5-2500K, Intel i7-6700K, AMD Ryzen R7 1700
    Memory (part number)8GB Kingston 1333MhzDDR3 C9, 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3000Mhz DDR4 C16, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 560Ti, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 O8G OC, Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
    Monitor32" INSIGNIA 720p, 32" Samsung 1080p C32F391FWN, 32" ASUS 1440p VA32AQ
    Storage #1Seagate 150GB 7200RPM, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (X2)
    Storage #2Seagate 500GB 7200RPM, WD Blue 3TB - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
    CPU CoolerDeepcool GAMMAXX 300, Deepcool Lucifer V2, Wraith Spire
    CaseAntec Sonata, Deepcool Dukase V1, Deepcool Dukase V3
    Power SupplyATX 650, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 (X2)
    Keyboard Logitech K220, MSI Interceptor DS4200 (X2)
    Mouse Microsoft 1850, Microsoft 4500, Gamdias Erebos LE, MSI DS 100, Redragon M601 Centrophorus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313, Logitech Z506 (X2)
    OS Windows 10 Home X64, Windows 10 Pro X64 (X2)

Just gonna leave this here:

Eight new Spectre Variant Vulnerabilities for Intel Discovered - four of them critical

News has just started spreading that researchers have sighted another eight Spectre like vulnerabilities in Intel processors, all resemble Spectre, four of them are critical. The new vulnerabilities are grouped and named as Spectre-ng. The newly discovered vulnerabilities would make it really easy to exploit a host from a simple VM.
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/eig...-critical.html
    I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Chok_Ice View Post
    o yeah , im not trying to start fights here, but i know off things that have been said else where
    Still , with GPP happening, there is a huge shift going on right now in the industry, and it all starts with the enthusiast and eventually filters down, you really shouldn't be giving uss more fuel to add to the fire...

I have been an asus only customer for a longggg time, but put it this way, you went out off your way to persuade me to not start a bush fire, yet kept us in the dark for nearly 70 pages off a thread

Thats not good customer service, and all off us customers? we pay your wage....

If you arent giving us the service we pay for? There are alternative ways we can go about getting them

This isnt our fault..... Put yourself in our shoes

If i told 17 people, yes, only 17 people, that american airlines is the best airliner, and they went and told 17 people each, and each of the 17 people went and told 17 people.. around 17 stages into this, the whole world would have herd that "american airlines is the best airliner"

All it takes is 1 PERSON
    Please note that I'm a volunteer moderator. ASUS does not pay me nor am I privy to any insider information. I'm a customer with ASUS products and I'm not happy to be kept in the dark either.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Enthusiast Array IT Troll PC Specs
    IT Troll PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Gene Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE
    MonitorLG 32UD99
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseSilverstone Temjin TJ08B-E
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G403
    OS Win 10 Pro x64

Mitigation for Spectre NG will require new microcode again. Intel are working on it but the release is already delayed. Probably be months before we get new BIOS releases from Asus.

ROG Junior Member Array

New user. Investigating why windows 10 patches caused my ASUS Z97-C board to reboot without warning or error messages when starting up Lightroom (for large numbers of images). On a hunch, took a look at Specter and Meltdown and found a rebooting problem that required an Intel firmware fix to be distributed by the motherboard vendors. My board is not listed. However Z97-A is, as are orther boards along with my processor. The low volume ASUS Z97-C is not to be tested, but normally runs the same bios as Z97-A. Beta bios 3503 should work. Looks like I will need to back everything up, download the patch and see what happens. My system is essentially a brick now for any image processing, its primary purpose.

Looks like I will be building a new system soon with a fixed Intel processor on a new Motherboard.

ROG Junior Member Array

In a former life, I designed processors and wrote firmware for a now defunct computer company. Trying to prevent low bandwidth security breaches across different levels of security is a brutally hard problem. A team at MIT back in the 1970's spent over 5 years plugging holes that my cousin found. He could find them faster than the team could plug them in a system that had similar protection features to Intel machines today. He was eventually tossed out of MIT for making them look bad. I believe that allowing non-users to run priv. code (essentially what speculative execution allows) then backing it out on error creates too many vulnerabilities to ever fix--especially with nanosecond precision timers to detect cache and TLB misses or even success of speculatively executed branches. Yet speculative execution is a significant component of the speeds achievable today.

Intel needs to design new processors that abort speculative execution that executes in, or accesses forbidden memory locations. Should not be too tough--and would eliminate the threats already known and many more currently unknown. This task is underway. First products due late summerish.

Looks like lots of us will pay Intel for a new processor, and pay ASUS for a new motherboard soon. It would be nice for us, but not for Intel or its partners, if they made fixed processors that would work in old sockets and boards.

Microsoft is said to be offering a bounty on new bugs of the type found in Meltdown and Specter. The volume found will likely be large. I believe it is fairly likely that speculative execution will end up being simply disabled on existing processors with firmware at least in user code--and maybe the precision timer will be randomized in most processor models to make timing based detection really hard. Of course, the new processors will be able to run speculatively.

ROG Junior Member Array

Still beta bios...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah new bios for X99-WS/IPMI (even beta) !!! Thanks so much for this, well next to do is Z97-WS!!!

New ROGer Array

Why no BIOS for the z97i-plus motherboards?
    Last edited by Forwhat2q; 05-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.

ROG Member Array

Any info about Z87 bios updates? I noticed Z97 haswell boards got em but so far none of Z87's?

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast