cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751 Custom Cooling System Upgrade

Halil
Level 7
Hi,
i'd like to do updgrade my G751's cooling system. I mean changing cpu and gpu fan to G752's because of G752's Fan has dust release:
This is G751's Fan:
This is G752's fan:
I am have kinda advanced questions i know both fan is 5V and 4 pin can i fit G752's fan into G751's ? is this work without any issue ?
if Screw's places won't match can i just duct tape ?
halilmentes.com
2 REPLIES 2

Gps3dx
Level 12
I don't see the major difference.
please note that the G751's fans got at their exit a skew in the metalic framework and an addition of a plastic cover paste onto it.
The G752's fans does not seems to have such design, thus it won't sit as tightly as it should in the mono hole for the fans.
moreover the screws hole are NOT at the same area !

if you want to cool your device ~15-20 C less, perform the cooling mod as posted by few user before, me inc.
don't forget it will void your warranty.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
I don't see the major difference.
please note that the G751's fans got at their exit a skew in the metalic framework and an addition of a plastic cover paste onto it.
The G752's fans does not seems to have such design, thus it won't sit as tightly as it should in the mono hole for the fans.
moreover the screws hole are NOT at the same area !

if you want to cool your device ~15-20 C less, perform the cooling mod as posted by few user before, me inc.
don't forget it will void your warranty.

thx for replying yea i will do that too about warranty i already opened case for repasting
Anyway i will do that (in your link) but i am thinking about dust if i open caee like that so i guess dust release fan kinda help but if anyone can tell the G752 Cooling stystem worth it is this really releasing dust ?
halilmentes.com