cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosting the volume of the Centurion Headset

Telz0or
Level 7
Hi all,

I thought I'd share a method of boosting the volume output for the Centurion headset if like me you thought the max volume was lacking a little bit. It seems most companies that have bespoke software/drivers for there headsets disable any Pre-amp options in the equalisers settings. I think is related to some EU legislation so that we don't all deafen ourselves. Truth is that there is a working Pre-amp function within the equaliser but the software will not let you edit the value.

what you wanna do is select your preferred audio profile in the ROG software and then export it to somewhere on your PC (give it a new name).
Locate the file and right click ->open with notepad and find the two following lines:
(setting this to 1 turns the pre-amp on)

Set the GainDB value to anything up to 9, save the file and then import it back into the ROG software and you should hear an increase in volume. Might be best to start with a low value and work up till you find a comfortable volume that doesn't distort the sound. (and doesn't hurt your ears)
3 REPLIES 3

XtraArrow
Level 7
Telz0or wrote:
Hi all,

I thought I'd share a method of boosting the volume output for the Centurion headset if like me you thought the max volume was lacking a little bit. It seems most companies that have bespoke software/drivers for there headsets disable any Pre-amp options in the equalisers settings. I think is related to some EU legislation so that we don't all deafen ourselves. Truth is that there is a working Pre-amp function within the equaliser but the software will not let you edit the value.

what you wanna do is select your preferred audio profile in the ROG software and then export it to somewhere on your PC (give it a new name).
Locate the file and right click ->open with notepad and find the two following lines:
(setting this to 1 turns the pre-amp on)

Set the GainDB value to anything up to 9, save the file and then import it back into the ROG software and you should hear an increase in volume. Might be best to start with a low value and work up till you find a comfortable volume that doesn't distort the sound. (and doesn't hurt your ears)

Not sure why people didn't bother to reply saying thank you. i would liek to thank you because this is really useful especially when listening to some audio that's quiet.

Hi.

I looked in my file and those two lines were not in there.

Is it ok to copy the text into the file from *this thread?

Cheers.*

Telz0or
Level 7
Thanks!

Quattroboy, I assume it would work. maybe try turning the EQ on it might automatically generate the code for you.