Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

21 business days and 32 calendar days since Asus received my motherboard. No updates, only the single communication above, no change in status.

Interestingly, I had a factory response to my mostly negative product review on a popular retailer's site that invited me to email them so they can look into it. Been 3 days. As expected, no response.

Asus, you have amazingly bad customer service. Even the support oriented parts of your website are cryptic and terrible.

New ROGer Array

Asus, warranty, repair, RMA, delay, motherboard

It has been 22 business days and 35 calendar days since Asus received my motherboard.
    After a rather poor review on Amazon, an Asus representative replied to it with a contact email address.
    I sent an email and have been working with this person to understand the status of my motherboard.
    The delay has been attributed to a process break down of some kind. For a company that probably processes hundreds of RMAs a day, perhaps thousands globally, this seems either very unlikely or very worrisome. Either way, the rep was able to track down my RMA and inform me my warranty was void because of what appears to be liquid oxidization damage (and I got a pic of it!). This seems really weird, but I chose not to contest it. I merely suggested that at this point waiving the repair fee would go a long ways. And it was waived.
    The current status of my RMA is "Material/spare part(s) shortage. Item is on order and/or incoming.".
    It was suggested that I have about another week to wait. We'll see.
    Until I actually get my/a replacement motherboard, and have validated that it functions, I will continue updating this thread.

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello teshreve
    I'm sorry for the long wait
    The process is on-going and we'll ship out your unit as soon as possible
    Thank you for using Asus and have a nice day

New ROGer Array

Thank you, Bill@ASUS.
    I received a tracking number this morning and I am very excited to be receiving my motherboard soon.
    Hopefully my last post will be soon and filled with beer. I mean cheer.

New ROGer Array

Well, it has been 27 business days and 42 calendar days since Asus received my motherboard.
    And it has been 52 calendar days since I created the RMA. I mailed it out about 2 days after creating the RMA. And it took about 5 days to get there (I had tracking number). And it took them 3 days to acknowledge receipt on the RMA page.

On Friday morning, 2 total business days ago, @ 8:23am Asus changed my RMA status to completed and "Your product has shipped."
    The FedEx status at this moment is, "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel". Meaning, Asus still has my board and has only created the shipping label.

I'm actually amazed how poor Asus support is. How do they stay in business? Who is not holding them accountable?
    Well, the buck stops here. I am taking action.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hello teshreve
    Your unit should be on its way to you very soon
    I apologize for the long wait.

New ROGer Array

Bill@ASUS, I have my replacement motherboard today.
    It seems to be working perfectly. I am bummed the factory box was not returned to me. I spent significant effort making sure every screw, every part, every piece of paper were returned in factory condition. What I got back was a static bag of parts and my motherboard. Sadly, the M.2 standoff and screw is still with you as I probably left them on the motherboard. The standoffs for the dimm.2 board are not as tall and not compatible with the motherboard m.2, so I used the dimm.2 card for my NVMe drive (vs. the nice heatsink mount).
    And if I resell this motherboard I no longer have the factory box
    What a mess. Really bummed @ Asus for this entire experience. As it turns out, I guess it is common practice to toss factory packaging. Only I did not know this. After re-reviewing the RMA paperwork, this is not mentioned.

It really sucks that I cannot any longer bring myself to buy Asus products. The Engineering and Product side of Asus is absolutely king. The support side is, frankly, the worst I have experienced. I can't take this risk again, so this will be my last Asus purchase. We both lose because Asus would rather fund a team of people watching for and responding to negative feedback on retail websites than investing in their support.

And I am sure it sucks for you too, Bill.
    Last edited by teshreve; 02-01-2018 at 04:00 PM.

New ROGer Array

2.5 months later and the replacement Rog Zenith Extreme motherboard has been super reliable and satisfying to own.
    It is really amazing how far I can overclock this Threadripper. With no tweaks past locking the multiplier at 40, I have been running at 4ghz without a single crash. And at 3200 mem speed (on 3200 RAM).

It makes me want to buy all kinds of ASUS stuff. But I am committed to never doing so again.

Hello teshreve
    Sorry for the horrible experience you had to go through to get a proper replacement.
    Your feedback is highly valued and we will do our best to provide our customers with better user experiences. Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2