cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram speed resetting

mathewjknott
Level 7
I have a problem where my system will reset the ram back to 2133Mhz even though i have it set to 3200Mhz in bios.

It runs fine at 3200Mhz just some times when I turn my PC on it resets it and i have to go back in bios to set it again. The system powers on, then off, then on again and i know the RAM will be reset yet in bios it still shows it using the profile for 3200.

The ram i got is on the confirmed working list so im not sure what the problem is.

On a side note, how many RGB fans can i plug into a RGB headder? I have some 3 to 1 splitters but dont want to use them and kill my port etc.
5 REPLIES 5

Sigtran
Level 10
Did you try updating your BIOS firmware to the latest officially released?

its not on the latest as that says it only updates to AGESA 1071 for new upcoming processors. but it is on the one before, Version 1701

Version 1701 was the latest when i got the motherboard and the specs said the ram was compatible at 3200 then so would have thought that latest bios at the time would have been enough.

Clouseau
Level 7
The reason it rests the ram timing is that it fails to train the ram at those times and resorts to safe boot settings. All that needs to be done with version 1701 is to go into the CBS section and set the fail count to 3 or 4. That way the ram training process will need to fail 3 or 4 times before the resetting actually happens. If that is the case, the settings being used are not quite there for bios 1701.

I have updated to the latest version now. See if it works any better.

Sorry im not sure what the CBS section is. Would this be the option to change?

On a side note, how many RGB fans can i plug into a RGB headder? I have some 3 to 1 splitters but dont want to use them and kill my port etc.

Clouseau
Level 7
Yes, that Mem Over Clock Fail Count is the one to set to 3 or 4.