cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite fails to start after Windows update KB4056892 (Intel vulnerability patch)

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
It fails to start with "The Sever Threw an Exception" Error box.

The services and AISuite executable appears to be actually running, but the AISuite GUI does not start.

Please fix Asus (should have been on top of this I would think).

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
266 REPLIES 266

AndyVee
Level 7
geneo wrote:
It fails to start with "The Sever Threw an Exception" Error box.

The services and AISuite executable appears to be actually running, but the AISuite GUI does not start.

Please fix Asus (should have been on top of this I would think).

Same issue here plus gpufanhelper service failed to load ( presume this is from gputweak ) .
Pretty poor show from Asus lately on support , lots of issues with their utilities with no / slow updates , I will be checking out MSI for my next refresh after many years of ROG products .

AndyVee wrote:
Same issue here plus gpufanhelper service failed to load ( presume this is from gputweak ) .
Pretty poor show from Asus lately on support , lots of issues with their utilities with no / slow updates , I will be checking out MSI for my next refresh after many years of ROG products .

We have many ASUS M5A97 R2.0 and M5A99FX Pro R2.0 desktops all have enjoyed AI Suite 2, however as mentioned here AI Suite has been crippled and we can find no fix except for blocking the above update (with reluctance).

ASUS customer services has not responded to our IT Manager since reported several days ago.

I'am also effected by AiSuite 3 problem after 4.01.2018 Windows update, fix for Kernel Issue. Try to rollback system, but something goes wrong and have to reinstall system. After all updates AiSuite installer doens't start at all.
Using Strix X99 with 6850k. AiSuite MId 2016. Latest vaersion for my motherboard.

bartosz.bruhn wrote:
I'am also effected by AiSuite 3 problem after 4.01.2018 Windows update, fix for Kernel Issue. Try to rollback system, but something goes wrong and have to reinstall system. After all updates AiSuite installer doens't start at all.
Using Strix X99 with 6850k. AiSuite MId 2016. Latest vaersion for my motherboard.

We found that on first attempt of uninstalling the update it failed but uninstalling again was successful without having to reinstall system. Then we used the Microsoft tool to hide the update otherwise it continued to install again.

TechnicaOne wrote:
We found that on first attempt of uninstalling the update it failed but uninstalling again was successful without having to reinstall system. Then we used the Microsoft tool to hide the update otherwise it continued to install again.

Anyway I had some problem. But I was looking for system reinstall so its OK. But not surehow long have to wiat for AiSuite update. I'm using FanExpert to my water cooling system . So have to wait or find another solutions.

Same Problem, Server has Thrown an Exception, started after the update.

Maximus X Code and 8700k

no solution?

Otets wrote:
no solution?

Rollback to pre-update version of Win10 and disable auto update.

Same problem here. Cannot restore to previous date:
AI Suite 3 , Newest version
Z-97 Pro , I7 Processor 4690K