Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, HISENSE 55H9F
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G PRO HERO
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U, ASUS RT-AC68U

Pretty much, but everyone knows you should be overclocking in the bios anyway. Doing it through any software is just a bad idea.

I just wanna say cleaning up the thread of bad language is one thing but removing all the negative comments about Asus software is ridiculous.
    Raja if your gonna start removing all the negative comments about Asus software in this forum your gonna have another full time job on your hands
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity RGB, Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb, 960 pro 512gb(OS), 850 EVO 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,
    Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Hisense 55h9f, Windows 10 pro

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG Strix X299-E Gaming II
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG438Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 960GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-Quantum Velocity/SE280/Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS C700M
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Perhaps it's time to embrace manual overclocking. The software is merely a starting point and cannot optimize an overclock the same way a savvy user can.
    wel i would but what i rly want is to have it sort of boost my x99-a used to have to auto mode setting so it would under clock on light use and over clock on hig use since i leave the pc on 24/7 it puts out to mutch heat and i liked how it was like i said it would be nice if it was like gpu tweak
    and alo i stil would not be able to monitor it since ai suit stil crashes and it used to blue screen when unplugging usb stuff but that seems almost gone now only happent 1 time in the last 2 monhts so

also if you say manual is better and i know it is then why does the page for the board have so mutch advert for ai suit and easy overclocking

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
    Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 4.0 GHz
    Installed RAM: 32.0 GM
    System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
    MB: ROG Zenith Extreme

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.251

BIOS Version: 2.17.1246

AI Suite 3 version: 1.05.14

• dip4.dll error occurs when selecting fan Xpert in AI Suite 3 (Dual Intelligent Processors 5)
    • After initially installed the OS I installed AI Suite 3 and it ran with no issues, I used the app for days with no issues.
    • It was not until I uninstalled and reinstalled that the error began occurring.
    • I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and the error does not happen on first startup, it appears after that instance is closed and a new one restarted.

My uninstall process:
    1. Uninstall App
    2. Kill all ASUS processes
    3. Delete all ASUS folders (program files and programdata)
    4. Run AI3Cleaner
    5. Run CCleaner
    6. Reboot
    7. Run both cleaners again
    While the main application does not work, the mini bar works fine and I can change my fan profiles using that.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Pretty much, but everyone knows you should be overclocking in the bios anyway. Doing it through any software is just a bad idea.

I just wanna say cleaning up the thread of bad language is one thing but removing all the negative comments about Asus software is ridiculous.
    Raja if your gonna start removing all the negative comments about Asus software in this forum your gonna have another full time job on your hands

I've said many times that I want things to be kept on-point with posts that lay out the bugs. It takes me no more than a minute to tidy a thread, so let's keep things tidy. I've seen enough complaints to last me a lifetime. And, quite frankly, 'me too' posts do nothing to help if they don't include a full report of what's wrong.

For the record, I'm not removing posts simply because they are a complaint. We've already got 80 pages of it. I needed people to understand that I cannot do a thing with such posts. Guess what? It worked; I finally got a few bug reports that i can do something with. Whether someone likes the methods I use is not a concern. The goal is to try and get the fixes that people need. Nothing more and nothing less. I've received threats, been called this and that, and heard how the sky is falling down for over a decade. It's all posturing, and inevitably, the world keeps turning and most of us are still here.

Hope that makes things clear.

Quote Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
    While the main application does not work, the mini bar works fine and I can change my fan profiles using that.
    I've reported this back.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrawst View Post
    Pretty sure its time to embrace another brand if that is your mentality towards your customers.

"Well I guess you guys are right, our software is garbage. Do it yourself in the BIOS."

Not really. The overclocking process can introduce BSODs. It happens. Not much I can do about it. Given the info at hand, I'm not seeing compelling evidence of much else - there isn't much to go on. To think that automatic overclocking can be performed without the occurrence of a BSOD is not correct, so I have to point that out. And yes, in this instance, the user would be better off performing manual tuning. Sorry if that offends you.

In any case, do you have a bug to report?

New ROGer Array SlimSim666 PC Specs
    SlimSim666 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Hero (Wi-fi) Bios 1003
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700k @ 5.1 Ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz (4x8g)
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti O11G
    MonitorAsus MG28UQ
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 M.2
    Storage #2Intel 600P M.2
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB
    CaseThermaltake Versa N24
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power 750W Gold
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset TurtleBeach Z60
    OS Windows 10 Home (x64)

@Raja: for the dip4.dll issue, which informations could be usefull for you? You can see my complete build in the scroll down menu under my name. I found reports of an access violation issue since AI Suite 2, so it seems to be an old problem. Tons of people with tons of different builds have it. I don't see how I could be more explicit than saying I tried everything Asus Support told me to do, uninstall every asus software, run ccleaner, run aisuite cleaner in safe mode, install AI Suite again, etc. I installed every latest drivers for my motherboard, it never works. I got an access violation each time I try to enter Fan Xpert. I was able to use it only once the first time I installed AI Suite, before I did the 5-ways optimisation.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSim666 View Post
    @Raja: for the dip4.dll issue, which informations could be usefull for you? You can see my complete build in the scroll down menu under my name. I found reports of an access violation issue since AI Suite 2, so it seems to be an old problem. Tons of people with tons of different builds have it. I don't see how I could be more explicit than saying I tried everything Asus Support told me to do, uninstall every asus software, run ccleaner, run aisuite cleaner in safe mode, install AI Suite again, etc. I installed every latest drivers for my motherboard, it never works. I got an access violation each time I try to enter Fan Xpert. I was able to use it only once the first time I installed AI Suite, before I did the 5-ways optimisation.

A few of the users were kind enough to lay out good posts, so I've reported it back to the replication team (they need the info laid out clearly). If I need anything else, I will make a post. For the record, I don't work in the service department, so what goes on at local level isn't something I'm privy to. It's just how things are. If you come to the thread, consider the case new/unique and supply info accordingly, please (unless someone else already has).

It's over and above my job duties to run these threads, and I've got plenty of my 'job' spilling over into the few hours I get during the week. With that in mind, I need to be realistic about what I can help with and insist on the info I need to do this efficiently. Hope you can understand.

PS. For eager typists/writers/philosophers: I don't want the thread to be filled with lectures on ideals. Let's stick to Ai Suite bugs, thanks!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, HISENSE 55H9F
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G PRO HERO
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U, ASUS RT-AC68U

Guys remember that its possible that some of this instability you are experiencing could be caused NOT from AISUITEIII But from the current bios and ME interface/chipset. The current one is based off Intels driver that was supposed to combat meltdown/spectre and is causing issues so probably best to just report specific aisuiteIII error messages for now.
    I have had a few blue screens and restarts due to this recently.

Sorry if this has been asked but Raja do you know when a new stable z270 bios will be released?
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity RGB, Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb, 960 pro 512gb(OS), 850 EVO 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,
    Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Hisense 55h9f, Windows 10 pro

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Guys remember that its possible that some of this instability you are experiencing could be caused NOT from AISUITEIII But from the current bios and ME interface/chipset. The current one is based off Intels driver that was supposed to combat meltdown/spectre and is causing issues so probably best to just report specific aisuiteIII error messages for now.
    I have had a few blue screens and restarts due to this recently.

Sorry if this has been asked but Raja do you know when a new stable z270 bios will be released?
    I don't know, at present. Given the fact that Intel had to make more changes, it's difficult to give a conclusive answer on when things will be perfect.

Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast