Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Allowing me to overclock intel skylake core-i7 6700k to only 4.3 GHz

Hi,
    This beta version got installed in the latest windows 10 pro 1709 but the problem whenever I am running 5-way optimization I can only overclock to 4.3 GHz and it is not allowing anymore. I got 4.7 GHz previously in the previous AI suite 3.

New ROGer Array

i have motherboard X99-E-10G WS - and use aisuite previous 3.00.13 and working perfect
    next step installa windows 10 update for bug intel and aisuite3 stop working
    Now installa 3.00.13 and aisuite 3 working perfect but:

versione 3.00.13 force windows 10 use profile "power plan = balanced"
    i have change to : high performance but when reboot pc the profile auto change to : balanced
    Only solutions is remove aisuite3.
    I can not find a solution to keep the profile in higt performacen - only solutions is remove aisuite.
    If join on program aisuite the performance is selected= performance and EPU is enable and not disabled.
    But the big problem and that "balance profile " force my system to sleep, and my pc poweroff and my program is hung.
    old aisuite programs did not make this mess
    I want the possibility of using the high perfercormance profile!!
    thanks for support

New ROGer Array

aisuite 3 3.00.13 force profile "power plan= balanced"

i have motherboard X99-E-10G WS - and use aisuite previous 3.00.13 and working perfect
    next step installa windows 10 update for bug intel and aisuite3 stop working
    Now installa 3.00.13 and aisuite 3 working perfect but:

versione 3.00.13 force windows 10 use profile "power plan = balanced"
    i have change to : high performance but when reboot pc the profile auto change to : balanced
    Only solutions is remove aisuite3.
    I can not find a solution to keep the profile in higt performacen - only solutions is remove aisuite.
    If join on program aisuite the performance is selected= performance and EPU is enable and not disabled.
    But the big problem and that "balance profile " force my system to sleep, and my pc poweroff and my program is hung.
    old aisuite programs did not make this mess
    I want the possibility of using the high perfercormance profile!!
    thanks for support

ROG Junior Member Array

Asus Strix Z370-F
    Intel Core i5-8600K
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Gskill 8Gx2 3000
    Win 10 pro 64bit

I remove 3.00.10 Beta > reboot > AI cleaner > reboot > install 3.00.13.
    I still have same issue with 3.00.13.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zalo_ScreenShot_15_1_2018_125572.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	70612

ROG Member Array Seizantherealone PC Specs
    Seizantherealone PC Specs
    MotherboardAsuuus Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen TR 1950X
    Memory (part number)32 GB 3200 G-Skill Flare X
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII, moded to liquid custom.
    MonitorLG 34' Ultrawide-AOC G2460PF Freesync-AOC E2470SW
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB
    Storage #21TB HDD++
    CPU CoolerCustom water loop
    CaseExtremly huge one!
    Power SupplyAsus Thor 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Argon/Logitech
    OS Win10 64-Bit
    Network RouterMobile 4G+ router

Crosshair VI Hero
    Ryzen 7 1800X
    RX Vega 64
    Hyper X 2400 8GB (lol temporary^^)

1 .Uninstalled old Suite
    2. Restart
    3. Al3Cleaner
    4. Restart
    5. Installed Beta Version
    6. Restart

Works w/o any fail or bugs.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TimeKillerOne View Post
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this board does not have pwm control for chassis fans at all. 4th pin is used just for rpm monitoring. Check in the manual by yourself, it says "CPU FAN PWM" for cpu fan headers, but only "+5V" for all other headers! I was so sad and disappointed myself, I couldn't believe my eyes

And you really should consider swapping those fans for something without magnetic levitation bearing, because those ML fans really require PWM. Otherwise I think they will have shortened lifespan and become loud very soon. I guess you can try using CPU_OPT header or/and fan splitters.

" I was so sad and disappointed myself, I couldn't believe my eyes " I couldn't agree more. This is something I usually specifically look for, I'm surprised I didn't catch it on this board. However, at the time I had goo-goo eyes for the Z87 with the thermal armor, so I may have missed it on that basis (at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Seeing the 4-pin fan headers was likely the last straw for believing they were PWM headers (Shame on you ASUS. Stop mounting 4-pin chassis fan headers if you board doesn't support PWM fans in those positions).

I doubt the fans will have shortened lifespan. They actually work very well and are very quiet. They are levitating just fine. I have changed the lower RPM up to 700, and the lighting has come back up. The fans are operating almost silently. I'm sure the magnetic bearings are doing their job. It's funny that ASUS would chose to make the 4th pin 5V, which I assume makes the PWM input 100% on these fans, and then control everything by 12V regulation. That's very cheap, considering how much the board cost at the time. I hope their newer boards are pure PWM. I don't purchase 3-pin fans anymore, and all my future boards will have full PWM control. My previous board had full PWM control. Lucky all my fans are working fine. I have basically every fan header on this board used in a Corsair Graphite 760T with a 360mm rad up top, so there is no swapping fan headers. All the fans are four-pin PWM. If the chassis fans are levitating correctly, which I think they are considering how quiet they're running, I think they will be OK.

My Assistant fans are sill not functioning though. At first, they seemed to work but would only come on 100%. Then the Fan Xpert 2 software greyed them out and produced an error saying I needed some ASUS add-in hardware to get those fans working (ASUS FAN EXTENSION CARD is required to enable these items). Now, one is greyed out, but the other is working 0% 100% (but I have shut it off). So, weird, one fan is getting the error, and one seems to work but has to be shut off because it will only work at 100%. However, the BIOS seems to be able to control them. At least, when I boot up the PC the assist fans are on, but they are not loud at all (can't hear them), but I can see the one by the CPU spinning. Then the AI Suite loads, and they ramp up full speed (at least the one does if I turn it on, the other is stuck at that error). The software says "Unknown" for the position of those fans.

I think tomorrow I'm going to check out Speed Fan and see if it's working better on this board than the last time I used it. I hope it can identify the assistant fans. If not, I will let the BIOS run them.

ROG Junior Member Array

I figured the same problem too...

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

This is being looked into. May need another update.

New ROGer Array Pottypotsworth PC Specs
    Pottypotsworth PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximum VIII Impact
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)8GB Ripjaw V
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080 O8G GAMING
    MonitorLG E6 65"

Quote Originally Posted by Seizantherealone View Post
    Crosshair VI Hero
    Ryzen 7 1800X
    RX Vega 64
    Hyper X 2400 8GB (lol temporary^^)

1 .Uninstalled old Suite
    2. Restart
    3. Al3Cleaner
    4. Restart
    5. Installed Beta Version
    6. Restart

Works w/o any fail or bugs.
    Hi there, could you link me to the AI3Cleaner you used, please? I cannot get any version of Aisuite to load properly and I am not sure the cleaner is even working as the "DOS" screen just pops up for a fraction of a second. Many thanks.

ROG Member Array Seizantherealone PC Specs
    Seizantherealone PC Specs
    MotherboardAsuuus Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen TR 1950X
    Memory (part number)32 GB 3200 G-Skill Flare X
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII, moded to liquid custom.
    MonitorLG 34' Ultrawide-AOC G2460PF Freesync-AOC E2470SW
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB
    Storage #21TB HDD++
    CPU CoolerCustom water loop
    CaseExtremly huge one!
    Power SupplyAsus Thor 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Argon/Logitech
    OS Win10 64-Bit
    Network RouterMobile 4G+ router

Cool Cleaning the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Pottypotsworth View Post
    Hi there, could you link me to the AI3Cleaner you used, please? I cannot get any version of Aisuite to load properly and I am not sure the cleaner is even working as the "DOS" screen just pops up for a fraction of a second. Many thanks.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...uite-3-cleaner

Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast